Yet another Source issue
OS X 10.10.0
Mac Mini 2.5Ghz i5
iMac 27" 3.4Ghz i5 (video source)
Kodi v14.0. installed from .dmg

I am using my iMac as the wifi'ed source of videos. My MacBook Pro plays back the movies just fine but when I try to select that same source on my Mac Mini, the message at the bottom says working for about 40 seconds then nothing. My path to select the video source is: Add source/Zeroconf/iMac SMB, then select the folder. All firewalls are off and all network settings are the same. Is this enough info to help?
I've installed XBMC on over a dozen computers and never had this problem.
As I have written in the other thread please check this on the Mac Mini:

OSX > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from > Mac Apps store and Identified developers.

Kodi may have started up Sandboxed on the Mac Mini, which means it is isolated from accessing any OSX resources.

It appears OSX Yosemite has stricter enforcement rules regarding unidentified apps than was previously the case.

My settings match your recommendation. To confuse issues, on the Mini, I can go to the finder, select the iMac and mount the folder containing the movies on the Mini's desktop, but Kodi refuses to see it.
Firstly look in:

OSX > System Preferences > Sharing > note down (at top) .. Computers on your local network can access your computer at: xxxxx.local

This can also be EDITed to something easier to remember

Videos > Files > Add Videos > Add Network Location > SMB > Server name > xxxxx.local > OK

There will then be a new - smb://xxxxx.local - added to the "Browse for a new Share" list.
Select that and add the shared folders as required.

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet another Source issue0