Wow. New android Razer Forge looks interesting
(2015-01-07, 23:58)Latinbull Wrote: This is 4K? Will run KODI ?

According to the Specs, the hardware (Snapdragon 805) will handle 4K. The issue will be whether Android TV will allow 4K output. The hardware will also handle h.265.

As for running Kodi, shouldn't be any problems.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This looks really good, actually. I prefer the look of the Nexus, but I'm willing to compromise on looks to get ethernet, more storage, and a snappier processor. Hope it will be as adb-hackable as the Nexus line regarding sideloading and experimenting with 24hz. Crossing my fingers.

Also: This is nothing like the Ouya. This has the push of Google Play and the entire Android platform behind it. With Ouya, devs were wondering why they would invest time in a new platform, with the new Android SDK supporting Android TV on an existing project is really simple. That's the key for a successful Android box.
(2015-01-08, 00:24)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 23:58)Latinbull Wrote: This is 4K? Will run KODI ?

According to the Specs, the hardware (Snapdragon 805) will handle 4K. The issue will be whether Android TV will allow 4K output. The hardware will also handle h.265.

As for running Kodi, shouldn't be any problems.

But what codecs will it be licensed for is the big question? The Nexus Player doesn't have MPEG2 so the liveTV app is mostly useless (depending on your area/provider or if you have a device that converts to H264). I have a couple of ADT-1s, which is licensed for MPEG2, and LiveTV works but the device does a crap job of deinterlacing so all 1080i content (most of what I watch live) looks bad. Also, Kodi has some issues with certain movies I have backed up. I noticed the other day Beetlejuice plays like crap. It has VC-1 and TrueHD. I'm guessing it's the VC-1 side that has problems. Maybe that isn't licensed and isn't hardware decoding?

The only non HTPC box I've had worth a damn was the original Sony Google TV blu ray player, but Sony/Google have long since abandoned that.
(2015-01-08, 15:42)drhill Wrote: But what codecs will it be licensed for is the big question? The Nexus Player doesn't have MPEG2 so the liveTV app is mostly useless (depending on your area/provider or if you have a device that converts to H264). I have a couple of ADT-1s, which is licensed for MPEG2, and LiveTV works but the device does a crap job of deinterlacing so all 1080i content (most of what I watch live) looks bad. Also, Kodi has some issues with certain movies I have backed up. I noticed the other day Beetlejuice plays like crap. It has VC-1 and TrueHD. I'm guessing it's the VC-1 side that has problems. Maybe that isn't licensed and isn't hardware decoding?

The only non HTPC box I've had worth a damn was the original Sony Google TV blu ray player, but Sony/Google have long since abandoned that.

Don't know and probably won't until it's in someones hands. The only thing for sure will be h.264 and h.265, everything else will be speculation.

Also, keep in mind the Nexus Player is x86 and this will be ARM so there will probably be some difference just do to that. But I would say that anything that the AFTV can do, decoding wise, the Forge TV will be able to do (and I believe that MPEG-2 was/is working but not VC-1). Again that is just speculation though.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-01-08, 17:03)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 15:42)drhill Wrote: But what codecs will it be licensed for is the big question? The Nexus Player doesn't have MPEG2 so the liveTV app is mostly useless (depending on your area/provider or if you have a device that converts to H264). I have a couple of ADT-1s, which is licensed for MPEG2, and LiveTV works but the device does a crap job of deinterlacing so all 1080i content (most of what I watch live) looks bad. Also, Kodi has some issues with certain movies I have backed up. I noticed the other day Beetlejuice plays like crap. It has VC-1 and TrueHD. I'm guessing it's the VC-1 side that has problems. Maybe that isn't licensed and isn't hardware decoding?

Don't know and probably won't until it's in someones hands. The only thing for sure will be h.264 and h.265, everything else will be speculation.

Also, keep in mind the Nexus Player is x86 and this will be ARM so there will probably be some difference just do to that. But I would say that anything that the AFTV can do, decoding wise, the Forge TV will be able to do (and I believe that MPEG-2 was/is working but not VC-1). Again that is just speculation though.

The hardware supports everything needed I believe, it's the licensing that matters. Else you have to do things in software and other apps (e.g. the "LiveTV" app) won't work.

I wish Razer would have announced the codec support. I also wish you could buy licenses for a device on Google Play.
Is there any release date yet?

Wanted the Fire TV but since i really need root for extending internal space its not an option.
* Razor is misspelled in the title, please change to people who search can find it

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215098
Already said it. With no luck.
I simply read Q1 2015 mentioned in a CES article... Hopefully comes out soon.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Can someone tell me how I change te forum title. Thanks
It has been corrected for a couple of hrs now, Razer Forge is correct.
See post #1 bottom right...
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Now on pre-order at amazon.com.

Available May 1st.
(2015-04-08, 07:32)Slaakker Wrote: Now on pre-order at amazon.com.

Available May 1st.

It was only the bundle, and the pre-order only lasted a couple of hours.

It's showing a "Currently unavailable" now.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Forge-TV-Bun...s=forge+tv
(2015-04-08, 07:32)Slaakker Wrote: Now on pre-order at amazon.com.

Available May 1st.

What was the price?
Days ago it was $150 with a controller.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wow. New android Razer Forge looks interesting0