sub menu navigation
Great skin works great on touchscreen. Wondering with live TV there is a few sub menus eg EPG recordings etc how do I access the sub menus? I set the start screen to channels but from there I can't access recordings or the EPG. Help appreciated cheers.
(2015-01-07, 12:39)bluc Wrote: Great skin works great on touchscreen. Wondering with live TV there is a few sub menus eg EPG recordings etc how do I access the sub menus? I set the start screen to channels but from there I can't access recordings or the EPG. Help appreciated cheers.
bluc,

Thank you, although skin is/was meant for running on a 10' interface it's a happy accident that it now seems to be much more touch friendly in the move from xTV-SAF to AppTV. As to how to do things with touch, I have no experience with touch devices (although Santa was really good to me this year and brought me a iPad Air 2. Will jailbreak and try Kodi on it when I have some spare time), so I'm just guessing on this.

To get to the 'screen settings menu' with a remote you would have to go left, so I would imagine that if you 'swipe' left you should also bring up the menu you need. While this wiki page does not list the one finger swipe for global actions, if you look at the touchscreen.xml link on this page it shows that swipe left/right/up/down does the corresponding action in Kodi.

Now it is a standard thru-out this skin that if a view scrolls up/down, screen setting menu is a go left. If a view scrolls left/right, screen setting menu is a go up. And for views where it seems to go both up/down and left right (icon view, wall view, and PVR epg) it's go left until you fall out of the view and into the screen setting menu. It seems hokey I know, but if you think about it some, it's really the only way to handle navigation to a hidden menu if you are using a remote.

Hopefully that helps. If it does can you please reply back here so that I and others know how the skin works with touch?

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks for the reply. Swipe from left or to left does not open the side menu can't work out how to open it but will keep trying
(2015-01-08, 00:31)bluc Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Swipe from left or to left does not open the side menu can't work out how to open it but will keep trying
bluc,

just ran Kodi on my iPad and yep you are right, that don't work. I'm intrigued that the skin works as well as it does since I never had touch in mind while I was coding it. I will see if I can improve touch support while not messing up remote support.

I will report back if I have any luck.
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2015-01-11, 17:02)wyrm Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 00:31)bluc Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Swipe from left or to left does not open the side menu can't work out how to open it but will keep trying
bluc,

just ran Kodi on my iPad and yep you are right, that don't work. I'm intrigued that the skin works as well as it does since I never had touch in mind while I was coding it. I will see if I can improve touch support while not messing up remote support.

I will report back if I have any luck.
Wyrm (AppTV)
blue,

Found it (your message that is). Go check out the skin on my Github page, now supports touch for the "side menu" and on the Home menu's. Try it out and let me know of any problems.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sub menu navigation0