AppTV is an AppleTV inspired skin for XBMC. It provides a very light weight minimalist gui while also allowing access to a number of advanced Kodi features not available in the AppleTV interface. The skin has a very small footprint, ideal for lightweight Kodi systems (AppleTV's and Raspberry Pi's), while still providing a full feature set of a modern Kodi skin.
Skin is Kodi Helix (and all version after this) compliant, with the skin available in the main Kodi Helix (and all repos after this) repo. A rudimentary wiki is located here.
Are available via GitHub here. Be warned this is my development repo, so there may be monster's (little ones, with BIG nasty teeth).
Other images available on the wiki page for this skin
Current release features:
- Added new method to assign home menu shortcuts, top menu item in context menu "assign to home menu". This is in addition to assigning a favourite and then assigning the favourite to home menu screen. Should be quicker as user no longer needs to leave where the shortcut is located to go to skin settings menu.
- Due to changes in how background fanarts are handled with the skin helper script, I have made background fanarts ON the default option for backgrounds. As there is next to no difference in memory usage or speed it makes no sense to leave this off. Can still be turned off in skin settings menu.
- Have upper the image preload from 2 to 4, as a result most library views should be noticeable quicker.
- Extended usage of hidden screen focused controls indicator to most of the rest of the skin. Shows user if there is a hidden settings menu and/or scrollbars available for the screen.
- Continue to standarise the look and layout of various skin elements. A number of script screens now more closely follow the look and feel of default skin elements. In particular all of the Global search info screens now match the look of the skins video info screen.
- Change a number of dialog layouts to look more like dialogs and not screens as they previously were. In particular the Addons setting screen now looks like a dialog and not a screen as the behaviour of this dialog is different to the skin and Kodi settings screens, so this change should clue the user to the difference.
- Numerous code cleanups. The Video and Music views in particular have seen a lot of work and should look much cleaner. With changes to Jarvis image caching, poster and cover images look much clearer.
A VERY large thank you to the new team member, SamFisher whom put up with my bike shedding of his new graphics. Thanks mate, I think the results were worth it.