• 25(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
that works, thanks a lot !
@wyrm
I was looking at the readme file for your Classificationicons pack and how you've implemented these icons into your skin. I also noticed your point about some ratings using the old naming scheme, that an illegal colon character is used. This is certainly true for my own country (UK). I wanted to ask if you were aware of any other countries that have this same issue with a colon character being used or if there was anywhere I could look to get this info?
I very much share the same sentiments and frustration you have expressed on how these ratings are currently handled.
Anyway, your resource pack is way more up-to-date than what I'm using currently, so will be able to make very good use of these on my own skinning project.
Thanks
@Dumyat,

the resource file does not contain any illegal characters (by design) and manages to handle 25 different countries at the moment. For example the 12A rating for the UK is a file called “UK 12A.png”, that is Country name, space, MPAA rating, .png . Before Omega Kodi, I had to use the Embuary helper script to provide the country name, but when I release my skin for Omega I will make use of the new $INFO label System.Locale(region) . 

Real life has taken a very large chunk out of my Kodi time, but I am hoping to get back into things soon. I tested all of the countries I could when I first release the resource file and they all appeared to work fine. If you do a text search on the resource file name in my skins xml directory you should be able to see how I access the appropriate certification file to display for each country. If you find any issues with any countries certification images or you can’t understand what I am doing code wise, drop a message back here and I will try to resolve things.

Wyrm
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1