• 7(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
I don't know, I'm installing it via Kodi's Appearance skin section and I'm using the latest version. I use the list view but only the episode names, image and synopses to the right comes up, there's no circle or anything that might indicate something has been watched. I use it for Exodus addon.

(2016-10-31, 03:40)wyrm Wrote:
(2016-10-30, 22:58)loughrey101 Wrote: This would be perfect only, unlike most other Kodi skins, it doesn't put a watched tick mark after TV episodes you've watched within a series, leaving you guessing which episode you're on. I'd really love to see this added as I have to return to confluence in order to remember which episode i was last on which is a lot of hassle. I'd keep using this skin as the perfect skin for the Amazon Fire TV but the lack of a watched ticker is a deal breaker for me
loughrey101,

Well actualy it does, sorta do this already. Following the Apple convention, full blue circle is unwatched, half circle is partially watched and no blue circle is watched. So in most views if there is NO blue circle displayed next to an item it means it has been watched. From memory the only view this does not apply to is the coverflow view and I will probably add this mark to at least the currently focused item for the Kyrpton release of the skin.

Wyrm (AppTV)
(2016-11-28, 04:11)loughrey101 Wrote: I don't know, I'm installing it via Kodi's Appearance skin section and I'm using the latest version. I use the list view but only the episode names, image and synopses to the right comes up, there's no circle or anything that might indicate something has been watched. I use it for Exodus

And there is the problem. When you signed up to this forum there was a list of conditions you accepted, which it appears you did not bother to read.

To help you out here is a link to explain why you will not get help on this forum. I would suggest you go back to wherever you got that Addon and ask for help there.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
App TV 1.4.5 Using Icons Home Page
OzWeather by bossanova808
Updated today version 0.8.7

Lost the cloud sun and rain icons on home page weather if that is the right way to describe it.
(2016-12-20, 01:06)kostaman Wrote: App TV 1.4.5 Using Icons Home Page

Lost the cloud sun and rain icons on home page weather if that is the right way to describe it.
kostaman,

Thank you for the bug report, will take a look and see what I can spot when I get a moment. Have been waiting for OzWeather 0.8.7 to drop for a little while now, will no doubt see any problems when I next fire up my dev system.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2016-10-05, 06:02)wyrm Wrote: Ok guys, I have made a start on moving to Kyrpton. But before the main work on this happens I wanted to finish up the home menu customisation code that got cut short due to the dependencies problem with version 1.3.5.

The way this code was originally done, selecting menu items seemed a bit hit or miss. I have how fixed this and am just finishing up some additional customisations for menu items. The biggest of these is to add the ability to assign a Kodi command to a custom menu item. For example it will now be possible to assign the Clean Library action to a home menu button. At this stage the list of actions includes update library, clean library and switch to fullscreen playing video and visualisations.

Are there any other Kodi commands/actions that people feel should be allowed on the home menu screen?

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2016-12-20, 09:25)wyrm Wrote:

kostaman,

Thank you for the bug report, will take a look and see what I can spot when I get a moment. Have been waiting for OzWeather 0.8.7 to drop for a little while now, will no doubt see any problems when I next fire up my dev system.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Update OZWeather 0.8.8 fixed the bug
(2016-12-20, 09:25)wyrm Wrote:

kostaman,

Wyrm (AppTV)
Quote:Update OZWeather 0.8.8 fixed the bug
Kostaman,

Thanks, was working on 0.8.7 on my Kypton version of skin just a bit slow to update. In other words if you waited a while the icons would eventual show on the screen when the data finally was filled by the script. The problem seemed worse if you had selected the map view on the weather screen as there was much more data that needed to come in before the field I was checking was filled. Will check out 0.8.8 when it drops for Kyrpton.

As a note for future reference, I display the icons as a place holders for all of the shelf content until the content is loaded by the appropriate script or Kodi builtin, so not a bug but a feature.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Wyrm.. I am using appTV on SPMC and lthe context menu entry "set to home screen"
I can still set things to home page from the skin settings. and I still have open icon spots available.
Edit
I swapped out skins to reload apptv

The context menu function still works in the video add ons directory but nowhere else.

if the customization your working on could include program addons directory as well. that would be spectacular.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

(2017-01-05, 05:00)tornicade Wrote: Wyrm.. I am using appTV on SPMC and lthe context menu entry "set to home screen"
I can still set things to home page from the skin settings. and I still have open icon spots available.
Edit
I swapped out skins to reload apptv

The context menu function still works in the video add ons directory but nowhere else.

if the customization your working on could include program addons directory as well. that would be spectacular.
tornicade,

Only just got back from holiday so still getting back up to speed on the skin. Good news is that I just figured out why I could not set a number of skin setting with the new skin helper script. So I have a couple of minor things to fix and then I should be able to release the Krypton version of the skin.

I suspect that the context menu issue you have mentioned could relate to SPMC being on a later version of Kodi than the skin is meant to be running on, but I will check from this end to see if I can spot any problems later tonight.

Hopefully I can manage to get 1.5.x out the door before Krypton final is released.
Wyrm (AppTV)

tornicade,

just took a look at the issue and yes you are right does not work in certain areas of the skin. I have tried a solution which did not work, so will have to have a bit of a think on how to best sort out the issue. No promises, but will try to have a solution included in version 1.5.x of the skin.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Appreciate the update. This is by far the best Skin I have found For SPMC. Even my Anti Technology Wife Gets more use out of the android because of the simplistic interface and being able to put both kodi addons and Android apps on the home screen.

I am essentially using it as the box launcher.

Any of my friends who mention putting kodi on their TV I recommend trying the Apptv skin.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

[quote='kostaman' pid='2485335' dateline='1482542108']
[quote='wyrm' pid='2430264' dateline='1475640156']
Ok guys, I have made a start on moving to Kyrpton. But before the main work on this happens I wanted to finish up the home menu customisation code that got cut short due to the dependencies problem with version 1.3.5.

The way this code was originally done, selecting menu items seemed a bit hit or miss. I have how fixed this and am just finishing up some additional customisations for menu items. The biggest of these is to add the ability to assign a Kodi command to a custom menu item. For example it will now be possible to assign the Clean Library action to a home menu button. At this stage the list of actions includes update library, clean library and switch to fullscreen playing video and visualisations.

Are there any other Kodi commands/actions that people feel should be allowed on the home menu screen?

To be able to rearrange the home screen icons , allowing Kodi "common" headings would solve that i think ? , we could then be able disable default icons like videos and add ons , and reassign them to vacant custom icons lower down in the rows? ( always best if possible to keep system icons away from the main icons like movies / tv shows etc , so the wife cannot start clicking on them Smile
I failed miserably today , I used xml files to rearrange all my icons the way i want them but must have made a typo somewhere kodi keeps crashing , a fresh install has sorted that but am stuck with icons at the top of my rows that I don't want there . incredible skin this , I have it all set up at less than 60mb zipped.
Hey Sam, I try do make some graphical adjustments. But I can't find out wich XML-file is controlling this: www.m301.de/screenshot.jpg - Kodi 17.0, AppTV 1.4.5. Can you give me a hint? Seb
(2017-02-07, 16:02)m301 Wrote: Hey Sam, I try do make some graphical adjustments. But I can't find out wich XML-file is controlling this: www.m301.de/screenshot.jpg - Kodi 17.0, AppTV 1.4.5. Can you give me a hint? Seb
m301,

Wyrm here, Sam is unfortunately MIA, so it is back to just me on this skin.

Couple of things before I tell you where to go looking to change the look of that screen. First of all AppTV 1.4.5 is Jarvis only and will give you nothing but grief if you try to run it on Kyrpton (too much has changed with skin engine to successfully run the skin under Kyrpton). I am just waiting for the new version of the skin.helper scripts to make their way into the main repo before I make my pull request for AppTV 1.5.0 , again as too much has changed with these scripts to run on the old version of this skin. Hopefully should be sometime very soon on the scripts and so either later this week for the skin or early next week.

Also with the new version of the skin I have changed how the video player screens are laid out. This has come about as I have included a number of new buttons (change tempo up/down for one) which was making it unworkable to navigate between all of the buttons. So for Kodi 17.0, the look of this screen has changed quite a bit.

Now if you wish to change just the graphics of this screen you don't really have to change any .xml files. If you download the skin from my github you will find all of the graphic files in the /media directory of the skin. When the skin ships from the Kodi repo these files are complied into a .xbt file that is then stored in the /media directory (and all of the individual graphics files are removed). You can remove the .xbt file and just load the individual graphic files back into this directory and make any changes to the files as you see fit (just keep the sizing and names the same and you should have no issues).

If on the other hand you wish to change the size or placement of graphics on this screen you will need to look in the following files.

DialogSeekBar.xml
VideoOSD.xml
VideoFullScreen.xml

These files are all located in the /720p directory of the skin. Other than that I suggest that you take a look at the Skinning sub section of the Kodi wiki for documentation of the various files and commands available to skin writers.

Hope to have the new version out soon.
Wyrm (AppTV)

Hi Wyrm,

oh yes, not 1.4.5 anymore, I'm using your github-Beta with Krypton already. I modded your skin till 1.4.5 before so it would match my self made media center M 301. I never did anything like this before, maybe little HTML at school, but your skin is so great and your code lines are so well labeled. Great work, even inside!

Thanks a lot for your note where to find the XMLs (I missed DialogSeekBar.xml), because I want to change size and placement of graphics on this screen indeed.

And we all hope, you have the new version out soon! Haha, so no pressure after all...

Never mind, just keep up your good work!

Seb (m301)
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1