• 2(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2015-09-08, 16:21)MoRbIdBoY Wrote: Really love this skin, but there seems to be a major bug. Helix 14.2. (Same on all versions up). Skin version 1.2.

The 'movie information' for addons in list view is very hit and miss. All I'm seeing on a lot of addons is the movie title and run length under it. No poster. No movie information. I can run trailer, go back, and the info and poster is there, scroll up and down a little onto other titles and it will hit a title and disappear again.

Dont know enough about skins to tell you whats happening, but I'm guessing something in the get information, or show information routines is crashing. Can't mention the plugs here, but the plugs I can't mention, all of them.

Also, could someone tell me what the 'Show Information' option is in the context menu and why it does absolutely nothing (should mention its there and does zero on ALL skins), cheers.

Also, could we have goodies like ExtendScript and NextAired support, I quite like it.

Skin is coming together thank for the hard work. APPRECIATED.
'MoRbIdBoY,

Thank you for not mentioning the addons, but I'm pretty sure the problem lies with them. Now I say I'm pretty sure for a number of reasons but the main one would be that I have no control over what information is presented by the addons to display, I just display what I'm given (as do ALL skins). Think of a skin as a web page written in a very old form of html and you have a basic idea of what we are doing.

Now part of the problem is because these plugins wont be accepted into the main Kodi repo because of questionable legality, the authors of these plugins don't feel they need to follow the standard Kodi coding conventions and so anytime there is any change to Kodi the chance of breakage is pretty high. That and also because they don't follow stand conventions the chances of them messing up Kodi is also pretty high. Just for those reasons alone I would recommend that you remove the plugins, but if you feel the risk is worth it, your first port of call should always be the plugin authors.

As to "Show information", no idea, probably added to context menu by one of the dodgy scripts you are using.

Skin does already have limited "Next Aired" support (I have included skin files to show screens in a AppTV manner), but shelf widget support was pulled when I changed how widgets were handled. I'm currently deciding how best to bring this back for AppTV and were I should include this, so WIP

"ExtendScript", again have no idea what this is. What other skins make use of this?

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2015-08-20, 08:16)SideStepSociety Wrote: Additionally, I wonder if you'd be could give me a hand with getting custom weather icons setup? I've tried going through skin settings and pointing it to my custom "weather" folder containing images labelled 0 to 47/NA, but after enabling the custom weather icons setting, no weather icons are displayed, and only blank space appears above the temperatures.
Oops, that's a bug. Investigating a solution now, will appear in my Github when fixed.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2015-08-20, 08:16)SideStepSociety Wrote: Additionally, I wonder if you'd be could give me a hand with getting custom weather icons setup? I've tried going through skin settings and pointing it to my custom "weather" folder containing images labelled 0 to 47/NA, but after enabling the custom weather icons setting, no weather icons are displayed, and only blank space appears above the temperatures.
SideStepSociety,

while it has taken a little while and there are still more changes to this screen forth coming, I'm now pretty sure your issue here should be fixed in the github version of the skin. If you could grab the version from github and test that would be very helpful.

BIG important note, settings for weather icons and backgrounds has been moved from the Skin settings menu to the Screen settings dialog (menu) in the weather screen. You will either need to access from settings icon at bottom of screen if using a mouse/touch or go left if using a remote. Also the layout of the screen WILL change at some point and I am working towards the idea of having multiple "views" available on this screen (currently only one at this stage), so hopefully you will be able to show radar images and different types of forecasts on this screen.

Also of note for recent changes is that I have fine tuned some of the images for the icon home view and have now included a "Light" font option with the skin. It's not San Francisco (but it looks fairly close), and in my option looks pretty damn sharp. Feedback welcome.

Wyrm (AppTV)

yep. new light font looks great
Is it possible to re-arrrange the icons?
(2015-09-24, 00:34)beljim7419 Wrote: Is it possible to re-arrrange the icons?
beljim,

Short answer : No

Long answer : if you want to change the icon home menu order, and you are up for a bit of editing of my xml files, then Yes, otherwise No.

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2015-08-19, 06:29)SideStepSociety Wrote: I love this skin, however, I think it could use a bit of a graphics overhaul. A lot of the graphics seem low resolution in 1080p and feel somewhat bland and dated. I did a little simple adjusting myself, using some iOS 7 inspired icons I found on the web and Apple's new San Francisco font and came up with this...

I wish I had Photoshop skills so I could make some icons for the remaining apps (Search, power, etc), but unfortunately, my skills in Photoshop and skinning are limited, at best.

I really like your modifications. Maybe you should open a new thread for this App TV Mod for other users to have access to it. I would love to use this skin mod on my TV Box!
New release 1.2.1 has now be submitted and accepted to the main repo (should appear soon). See first post for changelog of this release.

Main features for this release include.
  • Completely redone weather screen. Will allow user to display additional forecast screens if oz.weather or openweatherextended plugins are active.
  • Changed from library.data.provider to skin.helper script, number of improvements due to this change.
  • Moved "Now Playing" items to shelf area for Icon and Horizontal home menus. This allows one more line in each horizontal home sub menu before scrolling occurs.
  • Added a new "Custom Favourites" sub menu to Horizontal home menu (items will appear in Vertical and Icon home menus). User can change shelf icon and heading for this menu.
  • Changed default font to a lighter version of Ubuntu font. "Old" default still available as "Normal" in font setting.
  • Changed "CinemaExperience" script to "CinemaVision" script in VideoInfo screen. "CinemaExperience" is no longer being maintained.
  • Updated language files from Transifex.
  • Various minor bugs fixed
Note this is probably the last Isengard supported build of the skin,

Remember bugs and feature requests to this sub forum.

Enjoy
Wyrm (AppTV)

Hi

Some of the icon in the home screen have changed size. To be specific it only seems like the non stock icons. So the ones I have favourited. One I can name is YouTube.

Any ideas?
(2015-11-09, 22:33)agsnowdon Wrote: Hi

Some of the icon in the home screen have changed size. To be specific it only seems like the non stock icons. So the ones I have favourited. One I can name is YouTube.

Any ideas?
agsnowdon,

Yes that was by design. I made the icons a bit bigger on screen and kept their aspect ratio (thus why it only effects the non stock images) as the icon home menu looked very strange on any screen that was not a 16:9 ratio (iPads for example with their 4:3 screens).

Any idea's, sure! You can specify the icon used in the custom favourites screen and not use the default that is assigned (in the case of an addon it would use the addons normal icon). The stock icons for the icon home menu screen are located in the skins extras/homeicons directory. If you don't like the supplied icons you can replace any of the icons here and you can also add additional icons here if you like. There is a file in this directory called template.png, this is basically what the skin expects as far as sizing and corner radius for the home icon screen.

If you google search on "AppleTV icon images" you should be able to find something suitable. DeviantArt is also a good place to hunt thru for replacement icons. Also the Artwork downloader script will download 16:9 images for some of your library content, so that might be a good source of icons for if you are making favourites of your Movies or TVShows

I will try to include a couple of additional non-standard icons in the homeicons directory for the next release (Youtube seems an obvious one to include). As long as you keep the same aspect ratio (16:9) on the icons you can use any size icon you like, so you should have no real trouble finding something that is suitable.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hmmm... but now the home screen looks really weird on 16:9 screens. Especially my ocd needing every thing symmetrical.

I have changed the stock icons ready as wasn't keen on some of the defaults. So somewhat understand that.

So how were you stretching the non stock icons before? As I mentioned, you tube looked fine until your new release? Is there a line of code I can change to stretch them again? I have about 20 addons/addons menu shortcuts favourited on my home screen so making 20 icons for them will be a bit of a pain.

Any ways still love the skin as its so family and wife friendly., even if you have turned my ocd upside down. Smile
(2015-11-10, 10:08)agsnowdon Wrote: Thanks for getting back to me.

Hmmm... but now the home screen looks really weird on 16:9 screens. Especially my ocd needing every thing symmetrical.

I have changed the stock icons ready as wasn't keen on some of the defaults. So somewhat understand that.

So how were you stretching the non stock icons before? As I mentioned, you tube looked fine until your new release? Is there a line of code I can change to stretch them again? I have about 20 addons/addons menu shortcuts favourited on my home screen so making 20 icons for them will be a bit of a pain.

Any ways still love the skin as its so family and wife friendly., even if you have turned my ocd upside down. Smile
agsnowden,

Change lines 220 and 240 of Includes_IconHome.xml from
PHP Code:
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio
to
PHP Code:
<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio

Then I would recommend that you start looking for new icons and replacing the old ones as you find something so your ocd is ready for when AppTV Jarvis comes out.

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2015-11-10, 11:03)wyrm Wrote:

agsnowden,

PHP Code:
to
PHP Code:

Then I would recommend that you start looking for new icons and replacing the old ones as you find something so your ocd is ready for when AppTV Jarvis comes out.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hey Wyrm

Change the code and all back to how my ocd likes it Smile thanks for helping me.

Hmmmm what you mean about the Jarvis release?
(2015-11-11, 01:33)agsnowdon Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 11:03)wyrm Wrote:

agsnowden,

PHP Code:
to
PHP Code:

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hey Wyrm

Change the code and all back to how my ocd likes it Smile thanks for helping me.

I mean I'm not changing it back. So either you organise new icons, or you will need to change the code every time I release a new version. Good news is I have already added a YouTube icon locally, so you only need another 19 and you will be setBig Grin

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2015-11-11, 02:24)wyrm Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 01:33)agsnowdon Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 11:03)wyrm Wrote: agsnowden,

PHP Code:
to
PHP Code:

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hey Wyrm

I mean I'm not changing it back. So either you organise new icons, or you will need to change the code every time I release a new version. Good news is I have already added a YouTube icon locally, so you only need another 19 and you will be setBig Grin

Wyrm (AppTV)

That's fine. Now I know what code to change it only a 2 min job. I will have to install the skin on my iPad to see why you have done this as it does look odd on my TV. Do you have it on a tv? Do you think it looks odd?

Can I a another question please. The black background behind the icons, can this be changed to an image a bit like having a wallpaper of is it a line of code that tells it what colour to be? If it's a line of code is like to change the colour so if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Anyway as said before this skin rocks. I really don't get what all the hype is with confluence based skins. IMO.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1