• 9(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
Quote:Thanks both of you! This has been driving me nuts. I too am on Jarvis as I am running 4 chd modded atv 1's and therefore can not upgrade to Krypton. Love this skin but it was a real pain without being able to set anything. Would be nice for those of us on Jarvis to have a quick bug release with this mod. as not being able to use those dialog screens is a bit of a deal breaker. I will do it manually for now though. Thanks again!

Ok guys,

will try to sort out a branch on my github and push the very small change upto the Kodi repo sometime over the weekend. As to the question regarding the addition of icons to the homescreen, NOPE. Major undertaking code wise and as there are already 30+ custom slots available, the two people that might benefit from the change is not worth the effort. That and normally as soon as the the skin is updated for the latest version of Kodi all support for previous versions is finished. I am the only person coding and providing QA etc for the skin and I have only very limited spare time to work on this, so I only work on the current version.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Cheers @wyrm
I run LibreELEC SD Card Krypton and use it for testing the Update from Jarvis.
I did not report bug that does not allow Quit Option to choose power menu. It just stays on Default.
I looked at Extras Folder and the png extension is not there.
Just mentioning it before your Update as it is the same behaviour on my Mac using Krypton.
(2017-04-14, 05:52)kostaman Wrote: Cheers @wyrm
I run LibreELEC SD Card Krypton and use it for testing the Update from Jarvis.
I did not report bug that does not allow Quit Option to choose power menu. It just stays on Default.
I looked at Extras Folder and the png extension is not there.
Just mentioning it before your Update as it is the same behaviour on my Mac using Krypton.

Kostaman,

Yes I know about this. This is the sort of bug report I should of seen when 1.4.5 was released, not now when I have made major changes to Kyrpton version of the skin. If the change to fix this occured before I moved the coding of the skin to 1080p it might make the 1.4.6 build of the skin, otherwise sorry someone else can backport the change.

Wyrm(AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

OK, I have basically pushed the Jarvis version of the skin to just before I made the move to Kodi Krypton.

Skin will available soon on the various mirrors as version 1.4.7. It fixes the issue with skin helper script not updating skin settings and added a number of changes to font handling to make the skin play much nicer with fonts in scripts. There has also been a bit of work on the customisation of home menu items, but there is NO fix for the quit button issue. Sorry, I had made major changes to the skin before I realized there was an issue with the quit section of the home customisation. There will be no further updates to the skin for Jarvis from me, if you want any further updates to the skin you must either update to Krypton or make the update yourself to fix any issues.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Call me stupid but I'm using Krypton and tried this skin but it does NOT look like the Apple TV OS. Like, at all. In the original post, my App TV looks like the first screen shot. How do I get it to look like the 3rd screen shot....like the actual Apple TV OS?
(2017-05-03, 22:43)gene0915 Wrote: Call me stupid but I'm using Krypton and tried this skin but it does NOT look like the Apple TV OS. Like, at all. In the original post, my App TV looks like the first screen shot. How do I get it to look like the 3rd screen shot....like the actual Apple TV OS?
gene0915,

Not stupid, but which Apple TV OS are you after? This skin supports the various generations of the AppleTV UI. For the record I include what I call Gen1, Gen3 and Gen4. I missed Gen2 as really it looked just plain naff. The skin defaults to a Gen 3 type of home screen, which I call Horizontal. You can select the appropriate home screen from the skins settings menu, click on the "Home menu" item on the right hand side of the screen and you will be taken to the Home menu customisation screen. Now in the top left of the screen will be the name of the home menu type. Click on this item and you will see a selection dialog, here you will be presented with three home menu types. Vertical - Gen1, Horizontal - Gen3 and Icon - Gen4. Yes I realise that strictly speaking Gen4 should be light colours and not dark as this setting changes the skin to, but if you go back to the Kodi settings menu and select the Interface menus you will find that the skin ships with a number of different Themes. Selecting one of the Lite themes will give you the colouration that is fairly close to the current AppleTV UI.

Is the skin an exact copy of the AppleTV UI, No. The skin is a fairly old one and I have chosen to add Home screens instead of jettisoning old ones over the years. That and there have been elements that I think work better with Kodi that I have kept between versions, so the skin is not a slavish copy of the current UI. Just the same each version gets a little bit closer to Apple's current vision of a media box and the up coming version has a number of additions that bring it even closer.

Also note that out of the box the skin can seem rather minimal. This is intentional as the skin will run quite happily on very low speced equipment, but if you visit the skins settings menus you will see there is a wealth of customisations and bling available.

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2017-05-04, 17:53)wyrm Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 22:43)gene0915 Wrote: Call me stupid but I'm using Krypton and tried this skin but it does NOT look like the Apple TV OS. Like, at all. In the original post, my App TV looks like the first screen shot. How do I get it to look like the 3rd screen shot....like the actual Apple TV OS?
gene0915,

Not stupid, but which Apple TV OS are you after? This skin supports the various generations of the AppleTV UI. For the record I include what I call Gen1, Gen3 and Gen4. I missed Gen2 as really it looked just plain naff. The skin defaults to a Gen 3 type of home screen, which I call Horizontal. You can select the appropriate home screen from the skins settings menu, click on the "Home menu" item on the right hand side of the screen and you will be taken to the Home menu customisation screen. Now in the top left of the screen will be the name of the home menu type. Click on this item and you will see a selection dialog, here you will be presented with three home menu types. Vertical - Gen1, Horizontal - Gen3 and Icon - Gen4. Yes I realise that strictly speaking Gen4 should be light colours and not dark as this setting changes the skin to, but if you go back to the Kodi settings menu and select the Interface menus you will find that the skin ships with a number of different Themes. Selecting one of the Lite themes will give you the colouration that is fairly close to the current AppleTV UI.

Is the skin an exact copy of the AppleTV UI, No. The skin is a fairly old one and I have chosen to add Home screens instead of jettisoning old ones over the years. That and there have been elements that I think work better with Kodi that I have kept between versions, so the skin is not a slavish copy of the current UI. Just the same each version gets a little bit closer to Apple's current vision of a media box and the up coming version has a number of additions that bring it even closer.

Also note that out of the box the skin can seem rather minimal. This is intentional as the skin will run quite happily on very low speced equipment, but if you visit the skins settings menus you will see there is a wealth of customisations and bling available.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Sorry, I was referring to the newer Apple TV UI and thanks for the guidance, I was able to change the home screen!!
Wyrm,
I've been running this in Jarvis and now Krypton on an AFTV. It's my preferred skin by far. Just one issue on Krypton, the OSD is very small when viewing TV from normal distance and it is difficult to manipulate. It was fine on Jarvis and on Estuary it is also fine but that skin is too cluttered for me. It would be great if you could consider this for future releases.
Regards
Jim
(2017-05-21, 18:18)jayceejazz Wrote: Wyrm,
I've been running this in Jarvis and now Krypton on an AFTV. It's my preferred skin by far. Just one issue on Krypton, the OSD is very small when viewing TV from normal distance and it is difficult to manipulate. It was fine on Jarvis and on Estuary it is also fine but that skin is too cluttered for me. It would be great if you could consider this for future releases.
Regards
Jim

Jim,

Currently finishing up the next release for Kyrpton. Not sure what you mean by cluttered, has always been that way. How about you post some pictures showing what you mean about cluttered. As to the OSD, again some pictures explaing what you find too small might help. And again don't understand what is difficult to manipulate.

I have made a number of changes to the skin to update to a more modern look and feel, including changing the font to Roboto to better match Apple's San Fransico font. Have also updated a few graphics and changed coding to 1080p, so things should look a bit sharper and open. Other than that, about the only thing i could do to make it less cluttered would be to start dropping content from the various screens. Compared to most skins, this skin is pretty lightweight on content now.

Wyrm(AppTV)

@wyrm
I think @jayceejazz must be referring to OSD menu buttons being tiny even on my 70 inch screen.
Pause, Stop etc.

https://s20.postimg.org/x3l9xapq5/App_TV...on_OSD.png
(2017-05-22, 09:58)kostaman Wrote: @wyrm
I think @jayceejazz must be referring to OSD menu buttons being tiny even on my 70 inch screen.
Pause, Stop etc.

https://s20.postimg.org/x3l9xapq5/App_TV...on_OSD.png

kostaman, 70 inch, you are not trying to compensate for something Big Grin

Buttons are at least as big as the text, but will try a couple of things to try to make them bigger. As to difficult to manipulate, don't understand what the issue would be. Use remote to move from one button to the next, if additional buttons appear above line of buttons move up to access those buttons. When finished with that row of buttons, move down. Pretty easy as far as i can see.

Need more details of what exactly the isse is before i can fix it.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Is there a way to add movies to the top shelf from an addon?
kostaman,

Sorry mate, deleted your post by mistake while trying to remove a double post of mine. Read your reply. I can't guarantee i will be able to do much, but will take a look and see what i can manage. Biggest issue is that i need to allow for space for two lines of buttons and there is just no room where I currently have placed the buttons to make them bigger. Basically i will have to move them somewhere else and see how it all hangs together.

Wyrm(AppTV)

Skywalker17,

That sounds suspiciously like a addon that you should not be discussing here but i will give you the benefit of doubt in this case.

You need to bring up the context menu when the movie is selected and make the movie a favourite. Next you will need to get into the skins settings menu and make sure that the favourites menus are showing on the home menu. Then in the home shelf menu you will need to change the shelf type for favourites from icon to favourites and you should then have the movie appear in the shelf area.

Sorry if that sounds vague, but I'm not at the computer at the moment and I'm trying to describe this from memory. Also not sure what version of the skin this was added in. Might only be available in the version I am currently working on, in which case you will have to wait for me to finish and release it.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to ask that question. I'm new here and I love the Apple TV skins. Hope I didn't offend anyone. Your reply was very helpful thanks!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1