Stream anywhere from Kodi?
Hello, I am new to the forums. Am wondering if I can stream media from Kodi anywhere, not just locally. I would have just stuck with Windows or Ubuntu and added Kodi and Plex to the mix, but I want an Kodibuntu build for my HTPC / Media Server. I would have got PlexBMC, but there are no 32-bit images, which I need because I have a 32-bit CPU. I saw I post from 2010 similar to this, but that post is nearly 5 years old and I have to do VPN magic, which I am not going to do.
So, how can I do this?
you can't with kodi alone. Upnp does not work outside of your LAN. You could take a look at Mediabrowser, which seems to be working well with kodi as client.
Do you know of any 32-bit OS that will just stream my media? Solaris maybe?
The simplest way if you already have Kodi installed and working is using BubbleUPnP Server

Super simple to install and it will now make your Kodi UPnP Server available remotely to the BubbleUPnP Android App on your phone, tablet or other Android device.

If you want to access your Kodi UPnP Server from another Kodi Client, Smart TV or any other UPnP Client at another location, just run the BubbleUPnP Theter Client and said server will now be available on that outside network.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
What is your cpu? There aren't many 32 bit ones out there really. There is a lot of bad info about what is 64bit compatible. On linux try lscpu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Obviously i am an uber geek so i have 8 computers in use at home and they are all 64-bit ... But you can still install BubbleUPnP on a 32-bit CPU/OS

EDIT: Just realized you probably were asking the OP Big Grin
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Plex server is available for 32 bit ubuntu, fedora and centos.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Pr.Sinister, thank you very much! Nickr, It had a old 1.6 Ghz Pentium 4, but I took a 2.4 Ghz Celeron out of an broken laptop. Yeah that desktop is pretty old, but I paid $0 for it and I might be trashing that soon as an HTPC and just use it as a media server. Also nickr, plex server is not an OS.
Hate to be a noob, but how do I install BubbleuPnP?
Yes but plex server runs on 32 bit Linux which is a 32 bit OS.
What is IS?
OS (In my defence I was posting from my phone.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream anywhere from Kodi?0