Solved Display problem: Kodi on Ubuntu with HDMI
Dear all,

I have a Laptop running a fresh standard installation of Ubuntu 14 (including the Unity desktop). I installed Kodi and connected the Laptop via HDMI to a TV. Everything seems to work fine, but I don't know how I can setup the display configuration in such a way that Kodi is displayed in a stable way on the TV. I tried to use the "mirrow" setting to duplicate the Laptop screen and also tried to deactivate the laptop screen at all. In both ways, Kodi is displayed for a few seconds correctly on the TV screen, but then it seems so that the system resets so that the TV again is used only as an extension to the laptop screen. There was now dialouge if I would like to keep / dismiss the curent changes in the display settings.

I googled around but I didn't found a solution. Thanks for any hints.
What version of Ubuntu are you using? 14.04 or 14.10? (Just for reference the 14 in Ubuntu's release number is not the version it refers to the year and .xx refers to the month. So 14.04 is April 2014 and 14.10 is October 2014).

What graphics card does it have? What is the make and model of the computer?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
This should be working fine with kodi 14.
pastebin a Debug Log
Dear speedwell68, wsnipex,

Thank you for your answers. I solved my problem: it seems so that the HDMI wire has to be plugged in before X is comming up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display problem: Kodi on Ubuntu with HDMI0