Linux UPnP/DLNA Service does not work correctly
Hi all,

I have installed the latest Kodi version on my ubuntu 14.04 server.
The UPnP Service is activated.
I can find the mediaserver from my windows maschine and I am able to watch movies about it.
But if I try to watch movies from my Sony Bravia TV I get an error message: The content can not be loaded...

In summary: My TV can connect to Kodi, but can not access to the content.
For testing, I've installed Mediatomb and so it works.

Something needs to be adjusted in Kodi?

Regards
Chris
I had a similar problem this link may help you find out which ports need to be open.
Please note: there are several ports need to be open and they may change so each machine may use different ports.

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/...sed-on-pid
I have the same problem have updated to kodi 14.1 on ubuntu 14.04.1. UPnP use to play on my sony bravia with no problems now i get the message on the tv that it could not receive the content if the all media is selected. if i choose video only or music it works
Hi,

Was it working with Helix 14.0?

Something regressed in 14.1, since UPnP streaming (wired connection) from Windows 8.1 to RaspberryPi (as AudioRenderer/Play-To device) was working just fine in RaspBMC with Kodi 14.0. But when I've upgraded to last release of RaspBMC with 14.1 the song tries to start play then skips back to beginning a couple of times and then stops. Windows in the same time reports that connection failed to be established. I've also tested OSMC Alpha 4 with Kodi 14.1 included - same problem. When manually reverted back to Kodi 14.0 (git ad747d9, 2014-12-24) it works just fine.
Hi,
I am facing the same problem.
Is there any solution?

Logs are here (http://paste.osmc.io/yicaqepoda)

Is this related to some curl issue with the new versions?
Hi,
i think the problem is associated with sony as well as kodi itself.
if you make thumbnail view, the same error will occur(i also faced same issue).
Surprisingly, i added some windows network shares and they showed up in bravia! but no luck with existing sources(attached hard drive).
here is my workround-
just add '/media' as a source to your video as well as file manager in kodi.(if u had connected any HDD).
Else, try to add sources from "root" directory only.
i think the automounted storage is causing this problem in kodi upnp/dlna.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP/DLNA Service does not work correctly0