Help building Kodi for Android using Mac OS X
Hi,

I wanted to take a stab at compiling Kodi for Android on a Mac OS X and have run into some issues.. I've been able to solve some but getting stuck at a few others. I searched but didn't find many posts building on OSX.

I'm actually keeping notes of the differences between the official build guide and what I'm doing on OS X in the hopes it might help a few others as well.

Anyway, here's what I've done so far and where I'm stuck. For reference, I'm building SPMC 'Helix' branch but assume it's the same as the latest XBMC source. If anyone else has already done this and can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it!!

Code:
Compiling XBMC for android using Mac OS X

Changes from: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.android

Mac doesn't have apt-get, so brew must be used instead. To install brew run:

# ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

Once brew is installed,

# brew install build-essential default-jdk git curl autoconf unzip zip zlib1g-dev gawk gperf cmake

OUTPUT:
>> Error: No available formula for build-essential

# brew install lib32stdc++6 lib32z1 lib32z1-dev

OUTPUT:
>> Error: No available formula for lib32stdc++6

Install Android SDK and NDK as described. Instead of /opt, I installed the SDK & NKD in the home directory though.

SDK=$HOME/android-sdks
NDK=$HOME/android-ndk-r10d

3.3. Setup the Android toolchain
--------------------------------------------------------------------

# cd <android-ndk>
# ls platforms
# cd build/tools
# ./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=../../ \
     --install-dir=$HOME/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-14 --platform=android-14 \
     --toolchain=arm-linux-androideabi-4.8 --system=darwin-x86_64

5.1. Building dependencies

# cd $HOME/<XBMC>/tools/depends
# ./bootstrap
# ./configure --with-tarballs=/opt/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=$HOME/android-sdks \
    --with-ndk=$HOME/android-ndk-r10d --with-toolchain=$HOME/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-14 \
    --prefix=/opt/xbmc-depends

OUTPUT:
>>  configure: error: verify sdk path

Right now I'm failing here:
>> configure: error: verify sdk path

I found a seemingly related topic for this error and tried both adding /sdk to the --with-sdk-path line as well as creating a symbolic link to zipalign. I assume this might be related to using a newer version of the SDK but not sure which version to downgrade to or how to work around this..
pastebin the config.log from depends, should hold a clue.
thanks - I put the log here: http://pastebin.com/Es49Kcp7

The 2 log messages that look suspicious are:

Code:
configure:4377: /Users/jpage4500/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:9:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
#include <ac_nonexistent.h>
and
Code:
configure:4914: checking for library containing iconv_open
configure:4945: /Users/jpage4500/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  >&5
/var/folders/qn/3nw1lv3s7_n5crkxr1pfd1yw0000gn/T//cc0Rt3hZ.o:conftest.c:function main: error: undefined reference to 'iconv_open'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
does /Users/jpage4500/android-sdks/sdk/tools/android exist?
btw i compiled for android on osx at the early stages of xbmc-droid - its possible without issues once the toolchain is set...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes I have replaced it, they are same now. Please find my cubietruck_defconfig and sun7ismp_android_defconfig files in the attachment
Continue here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215588

closed
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help building Kodi for Android using Mac OS X0