whats a good andriod box to buy?
Android 4.4 TV Box Q7 CS918 Full HD 1080P RK3188T Quad Core Media Player 1GB/8GB XBMC Wifi was gonna get this one any suggestions??
I've had that box set up for a friend of mine and I can tell you it is a good box.. the only downside is that it is not able to decode 5.1 not even on KODI. I have done everything possible to solve that problem and apparently it is software related form the manufacture and we might not be able to see an update anytime soon.

If you can get the hands on an Amazon Fire TV box.. Man.. go for it.. far superior to the box mentioned above. I am currently using it and I have decided to retire my 6 years old Jailbroken AppleTV2.

The AFTV decodes 5.1 when using KODI, but it does not when watching Amazon content and agin due to Amazon software related. But, I do not particular care since I use it for KODI only.
Read here if you ever get an AFTV

http://www.aftvnews.com/tag/guide/ and here http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv

Hope that gives you some guidance in your purchase and good luck!!

Macpatto.
Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen/ Kodi Krypton 17.6
Macbook Air 13" OSX High Sierra/Kodi Krypton 17.6

Skin: Konfluence by Schism
Testing AppleTV 4/Kodi Beta Alpha Testing
shepp, the key to Android Boxes is support.

They nearly all promise the earth, and have slick marketing but often fall far short and you end up being an Alpha tester for their firmware. Don't get caught up on eye popping tech specs. These days its all about the software / firmware.

The Amazon Fire TV is so mainstream and well supported that everyone knows what works and what does not.
Good choice if you heading in the Android direction. Get dual band (MIMO) is your using WiFi as well.

Wink

I've recently purchased a Huawei MediaQ M310 and it works very well, it comes with a nice remote and the package is very well put together. It's not top of the line hardware but nobody should need more than this to play video files, it's just Android as an OS that's still on it's infancy.
+1 on AFTV. Love mine! Specially the remote.

However, I only play 720p content from my NAS and connected to a TV. Nothing fancy.

It all depends on your requirements.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Well I'm getting shot of my AFTV and looking for something else , is the M8 box a good alternative ?
As many have said the key for an Android Box is support which 99% of them don´t have. What I've been doing is going to http://www.freaktab.com forums and checking which boxes have more released firmwares. There are several M8 Clones but I've heard Beelink make good ones.

Then again I strongly suggest you check latest user reviews on www.freaktab.com. That way you can check what are the latest firmware for each box, latest bugs or whats the performance.

Good luck!!!!

P.D. A rooted AFTV is an excelent XBMC machine. I have one and my only complain is the need of rooting to access External Storage (stupid decision of Amazon if you ask me)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
whats a good andriod box to buy?0