Bug Inconsistent playlist behaviour music and music videos
I noticed that the behaviour of kodi when adding music and music videos to a playlist/to the now playing list is not consistent.

Here's what I did:
1.) Started playing a music video from my music library (mp4, Deichkind - So 'ne Musik)
2.) Queued a music file (mp3, Alice in Chains - Voices) from my music library (it gets added to the playlist/now playing list behind the music video)
3.) Queued another music video from my music library (avi, Chris Cornell - You Know My Name) ==> It does NOT get added to the /playlist/now playing list (maybe gets added to the video playlist as these are separate lists?)

Expected and consistent behaviour would be that the second music video gets added to the playlist/now playing list behind the music file.

Here's a log:

http://pastebin.com/zUxyenu1

If you could find the time to look into it, it's appreciated.
Actually it looks as if it is more general. The "Add to playlist"/enqueue button of the context menu doesn't seem to have any effect at all for music videos from the music library.

It doesn't matter whether there's a music file in the list or not. I can't add other music videos to the list.

What also doesn't work at all is playing an album of music videos (an album containing several music videos) by hitting play at album level of the music video section of the music library. Playing a music video from within the album enqueues the rest of the tracks though (as expected).

Playing an album from the video library works and I can add more music videos to the video playlist. However, it is not possible to sort music videos by artists, albums, year etc. It's just an alphabetical list.

From the video section music videos get added to the video playlist/now playing list.
From the music section music videos get added to the music playlist/now playing list (however only one music video works).

I tried whether adding music videos from inside the video library works after the initial playback of the first file from the music library but it doesn't. Somehow logical if the aforementioned playlist behaviour is correct, which it seems to be.

I could provide more logs if necessary.

Desired and somehow expected behaviour would be that music videos behave just like music.
I would like to see more info on just how the "now playing" playlists are supposed to work. I guess it will take experimentation.

scott s.
And I guess only a dev can answer that. I can only say, that this behaviour most probably is not what's supposed to happen.

Or is there anything I can do?
Could anyone confirm the behaviour (or the opposite)? Pretty please Smile
I believe mixing the two in a playlist should work, but music playlists are weird, so it's likely that there are weird bugs here and there for it. Music playlists are really just videos that hang out in the music library's menu, but without actually integrating with the music library. As items on an existing playlist, I think Kodi just plays them like it should. I'd imagine you should be able to queue a mix of music and videos as well, as they're just a series of items to be played. However, I'm not a developer myself, so I don't know if there's a rational to this behavior or if it's a bug. The music library is a strange mystery to me.
Mixing the playlists works to a certain extent. Playback switches between music and music videos just fine. It's just that it's impossible to add further music videos to the now playing list, even though the option "enqueue track" is available in the context menu.

Should I post a ticket on trac? Would you consider this a bug?
Fwiw I opened a ticket on trac. I'd appreciate it if some dev finds the time to look onto this thing.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15707

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inconsistent playlist behaviour music and music videos0