scrape question--1 season + specials, separate?
I have a show in my collection that is resisting my efforts to scrape it to my liking Smile It's called "Pothedz Couch" on TVDB. On TVDB, the show has six episodes in 1 season, and 33 "specials" (mostly deleted scenes). This is all exactly correct. On my NAS, I have a "Pothedz Couch" folder, and beneath it I have a "Season 1" subfolder and a "Specials" subfolder, each containing the appropriate content. Everything is named properly on my NAS--the six "season 1" episodes are named "S01E01", etc., and my specials are named "S00E01", etc.

I want my library to display it so that when I go to the show in my library, I see an "All" poster, a "Season 1" poster, and a "Specials" poster--each of which I can click on to go to the appropriate episodes or specials. However, when I click on the TV show in my collection, I just see all the episodes lumped together, or I suppose the correct Kodi term would be "flattened"--the six "season 1" episodes first, followed immediately by the other specials.

In my Kodi video settings, I have "Flatten TV show seasons" set to "If only one season". I could set that to "never", of course, but then other shows in my library will show a single "Season 1" poster if they just have one season and no specials--which I'd rather not do, because I don't want to click a TV show that contains a single season, and then have to click a single poster again just to see the episodes.

So is there any way, for shows that have just one season and one set of special episodes, to show them in separate folders and have them scraped that way?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Someone else once asked about this, and we found where it was once discussed. I don't have the link handy, but I agree with you, there should be a "never flatten" setting. I'll see if I can find the link and poke someone about adding this :)
Here we go: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=147674

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/5386
Ugh, I was afraid of that...thanks though, Ned, for the info.

Geez...I hate the idea of dredging up a five year old ticket to ask for this to be changed...but I can't get my head around the reasoning as to why specials aren't treated as a separate season. In Pothedz Couch's instance, the 33 special episodes were basically as part of a separate "deleted scenes" release, consisting of short miniclips, that had nothing to do with the first season at all. So I wouldn't want to see them mixed in with the six actual full-length episodes--they really should be in their own folder. And since specials *are* put in their own folder if a TV show has more than one season, why should the library treat things any differently if there's just one season plus specials?

So...maybe I'll have to zombie-thread the ticket. I hate doing that, but I'm not sure what else to do with that. Just live with it, I suppose. First world problems Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scrape question--1 season + specials, separate?0