Get title from NFO/kodi-metadata but retrieve other metadata automatically?
I have several items of content which Kodi doesn't add to the library because it is unable to find metadata based on the filename:
Code:
WARNING: No information found for item '[...]', it won't be added to the library.
If I create an nfo file, or an MKV kodi-metadata attachment, with a manually set title (the same title that the filename has), kodi does add the content to the library, but it does not then retrieve any of the metadata available online for that item. I can then manually go to the item through the kodi interface and tell it to refresh the metadata, in which case it properly finds the title and all its associated metadata from an online source and creates a complete record for the item.

Is it possible to tell kodi to use the "title" from the NFO or MKV kodi-metadata attachment, and then use that title to automatically look up the remaining metadata and fill it in for the item, or do I have to do this manually every time?
(2020-03-31, 17:24)kja7 Wrote: which Kodi doesn't add to the library because it is unable to find metadata based on the filename:

Change the filename then?!

What about providing a full Debug Log? So we can see what´s happening
(2020-03-31, 17:24)kja7 Wrote: Is it possible to tell kodi to use the "title" from the NFO or MKV kodi-metadata attachment, and then use that title to automatically look up the remaining metadata and fill it in for the item, or do I have to do this manually every time?
No

You could also try parsing NFOs:
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
The parsing NFO file mentioned and linked above is the simplest way. It's just a URL link to the relevant entry in the scraper database, and will then be automatically populated with all the metadata from the db.

I now do this routinely with every movie I add just to save any issues as it takes only a few seconds to create per item.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get title from NFO/kodi-metadata but retrieve other metadata automatically?0