UDF v2.x Support...
Hi there,

I've been tinkering (largely unsucsessfully!) with XBMC's mplayer build regarding DVR-MS playback, but have put that aside for now. Wanting to watch my recorded tv shows on XBMC I converted them to mpeg and burned them to disc. Only to find no files visible Smile Further investigation shows that these files (over 2gb each) will have been written in UDF v2.x format as v1.2 which XBMC seems to use has a limit of 1gb per file. This is pretty bloody annoying as I really don't want to chop up my tv shows to display on the xbox Smile

Reading through the FAQ, it mentions this being an xbox limitation. Fair enough I thought, but I fired up DVD2XBOX which can read the disc just fine, creating an ISO of it on the hard drive. So I'm guessing it's just a lack of filesystem support. I'm an amateur C++ coder at best, but I'd certainly be interested to have a go. The main purpose of this post was to see if anyone had attempted this before, or whether there is a really good reason for UDF v2 support not being included...

Cheers

Bubba
only reason it's not there is that nobody has implemented it.

good luck! Smile
Would be great if someone would have a look at adding full UDF to XBMC (like how ISO9660 is implemented?):
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=de..._id=103793

PS! I can't code myself so been begging for this for years, ...it's either to boring or too hard, I don't know Rolleyes
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581841

Best of luck to anyone willing to work on it!

BubbaFatAss Wrote:I've been tinkering (largely unsucsessfully!) with XBMC's mplayer build regarding DVR-MS playback, but have put that aside for now.
There's been some progress since, read this and this (not whole MPlayer, just the DVR-MS/ASF sections!)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yeah I saw that, and duely applied the CVS patch, but it doesn't work for me whatsoever. Come to mention it, the latest Mplayer build doesn't play back my UK Pal DVB recordings properly, so I've gone back to my original plan for a script that can read the information out of .cvs files generated from the DVR-MS files which contain their metadata. Really busy with work at the moment, but I've got tha full spec for UDF 2, which should at least initially be sufficient, as most of the subsequent revisions seem to focus on re-writable media. And to be honest once the framework for UDF 2 is in place it should be quite easy to implement 2.6 in a similar manner. I'm currently looking at the linux kernel's implementation of UDF to see if that can easily and quickly be modified, otherwise I'll sit down and start writing one myself Smile

Was thinking at least to begin with it'll appear as udf2:// or somesuch, but I'd hope to have it integrated so it works with the traditional DVD-ROM entry.

Will keep this thread updated as I make (or fail to!) progress on this one...

Cheers

Bubba
Like I said I'm not a developer, however I would think that some code from the libcdio library would be a good start as it already been ported to XBMC once (though not updated recently, ...maybe you could look at updating that too if you decide to go this way) and it been built as a Microsoft Visual Studio project. Latest libcdio CVS has UDF support (under "/libcdio/lib/udf/") which could be a good base(?). Plus the fact that you don't need to test it on an Xbox and the fact that it's operating-system independent makes it interesting for other non-XBMC/Xbox developers to help out.

Good luck!

PS! I see that they made some more progress with dvr-ms in the last 24 hours Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UDF v2.x Support...0