Linux How to switch from Kodi to Ubuntu/Lubuntu
Hi same problem here. I cannot login to a desktop after closing kodi.
After entering username password kodi relaunches so I created another user and tried to logon with this user. After entering the credentials the desktop tries to load the screen becomes black but after a few secs the login screen re-appears. I also tried selecting kodi, lubuntu or lubuntu netbook option but it makes no difference. what else to try?
Regards
Boein
Same here.

Choosing Lubuntu or Lubuntu Netbook from the wrench returns to Kodi every time with username kodi.

I've corrupted my boot when updating the on-board USB firmware (That succeeded) and was hoping to rebuild the boot record. Linux Boot-repair didn't work.

I'm in a live USB boot - does this allow logging into Lubuntu?

Regards,

David.
@boein:

Kodibuntu#Basic_use (wiki)

Follow the descriptions to those screenshots I made.

Be aware that you have supplied a username and a password during installation. This username and password has to be used to login into the desktop mode. But it's all explained in the wiki.

@ Nsowon:

Quote:Choosing Lubuntu or Lubuntu Netbook from the wrench returns to Kodi every time with username kodi.

Same as above. If you have installed Kodibuntu, you have to supply a username and a password. Use this username and password combination to login into desktop session.

I don't know for sure, if you are able to login into Lubuntu when you are in a Live-session. But I will check when I'm at home in the evening and then maybe change the wiki. Unnfortunately it's not mentioned in the wiki if you can or how you are able to login into the desktop environment while at live session.

I'm working on it Wink
I can confirm, that I'm not able to login into the desktop environment while I'm at Live Session.

User: Kodi
Pass:

will return directly to Kodi. No matter what session is selected..

So please install Kodibuntu in the normal way on a HDD/SSD and then follow the instructions on the wiki which are linked above to enter the desktop mode.

@wsnipex:

Is this expected? If yes, I would change the wiki to match this.

Greetings
Hi David,
I already tried the WIKI-page but it didn't work this is why I'm posting this question :-) I was wondering if something is broken in my setup and I was hoping this could be fixed without having to reinstall Kodi or kodibuntu. I don't know how/where to troubleshoot, or read logs, the only thing I get is a dark screen for some seconds and then returing to the login-screen. But no error, no crash... So I hope someone recognises this behaviour.

Regards,
Boein
For a Debug Log...

1. enable debug logging in system settings
2. reboot (to keep the log clean)
3. reproduce what your issue is
4. ssh (wiki) in and do the command below:

Code:
pastebinit ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

5. provide the URL you will get from this command.

If this is too techy (because the lack of knowledge how to connect via SSH), follow the first link in this posting and do the "log file simple" way.

Greetings
Hi David,
I don't think the kodi-log can be used. After exiting kodi, the log no longer records events, kinda logic because Kodi no longer runs so why should it log :-) Anyway I took a look at the log did the same again: exit Kodi, switch to lubuntu netbook session entered credentials and ... I get a desktop ? I did try some things yesterday described in this article. Maybe restarting the system did the trick?
in brief:
su -
sudo chmod a+wt /tmp
sudo chown username:username .Xauthority

http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...1y3h1wrMmA

But for now, problem solved thanks for your assistance

Regards,
Boein

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to switch from Kodi to Ubuntu/Lubuntu0