Mod Aeon Nox Helix modded by Batiatus
Great job with your mod Batiatus, I am really digging your ideas. Does the flag naming conventions work with DTSHD-MA 7.1 and DTSHR 7.1 audio tags, because as you know those audio flags revert to 5.1 after playing a movie. Thanks for all the time and work you have put into this mod, much appreciated.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
(2015-03-02, 20:51)blackreign66 Wrote: Great job with your mod Batiatus, I am really digging your ideas. Does the flag naming conventions work with DTSHD-MA 7.1 and DTSHR 7.1 audio tags, because as you know those audio flags revert to 5.1 after playing a movie. Thanks for all the time and work you have put into this mod, much appreciated.

No, I haven't added those variables. That is something that needs to be fixed in ffmpeg or KODI itself. It's any annoying bug in the system at the moment (one I actually didn't know about until recently).

The naming conventions I've created are for things that can't be pulled, or pulled properly, from the stream or NFO of the file. Though the OAR should be something that's editable once you update the library and not revert back after you play the file. Again that's another addition to the main program and bug that needs to be addressed.
(2015-03-02, 14:45)mtoddster Wrote: Hey. Just a wee bug, if I have no discart for a film the movie overview shows up blank as shown below.
Thanks for any help.

Fixed this issue. Will post a revised 1080i folder shortly.

Batiatus can you make it so that the naming convention flags work also in widgets such as this? Thanks again
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
(2015-02-16, 10:35)Batiatus Wrote: Video Player Info Screen Changes

- Enlarged the poster size
- Moved the spinning disc to the right side of the poster and enlarged
- Reduced polt width to easier to read size and to not be covered by the poster and disc
- Moved the stars rating from the right side to the left.
- Re-added the film's year above the rating stars
- Moved the clearart back to lower right corner
- Better spaced all 6 top icons
- Added variable to use Dolby Atmos audio flag
- Reduced width of movie title bar to more aesthetic size
- Changed subtitle variable to movie tagline

Also added an Oscar statue icon for best picture winners based on the naming convention and IMDB Top 250 based on NFO..

Where abouts in the xml is the IMDb top 250 on a pause screen as I don't seem to be see it and can't find in the xmls.
(2015-03-02, 16:53)Batiatus Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 13:56)Lorax Wrote: For this and the movie player screen, could you move director and writer to the same area as the plot and cast, maybe slightly above cast? And then remove them from fade label at the bottom?

I don't know where they are located in the fade label (as I want to make a change there) but I have no desire to change their location. This would make more clutter to the plot and/or cast sections, more boxes, more lines etc. If would require re-sizing the text boxes and shifting things around. I'm fine with their current location.

The fade label is located in includes.xml (just search fade and you should be able to find it). Since the cast list is scrolling couldn't you just shorten its vertical space and place writer/director above it in the same sized area?
(2015-03-03, 00:42)blackreign66 Wrote: Image

Batiatus can you make it so that the naming convention flags work also in widgets such as this? Thanks again

Do you know where the code for this widget is? If so I can tell you what to replace in both the audio codec and aspect ratio strings.

I should also add that I've only made this varriable adjustment for the screens which I use commonly. There may be others where it doesn't work but I can assist in getting it working.
(2015-03-03, 02:16)mtoddster Wrote: Where abouts in the xml is the IMDb top 250 on a pause screen as I don't seem to be see it and can't find in the xmls.

Do you have "Plot on Info screen" on?

If so, when in the video player press I to bring up the info screen. If you use plot on pause it will come up there as well but that's a video player setting you have to set yourself (I don't use it.) Otherwise you will only get the clearart on the pause screen in the lower right corner.
(2015-03-03, 05:09)Batiatus Wrote:

Do you know where the code for this widget is? If so I can tell you what to replace in both the audio codec and aspect ratio strings.

I should also add that I've only made this varriable adjustment for the screens which I use commonly. There may be others where it doesn't work but I can assist in getting it working.

I believe the code is in Includes_WidgetLayout.xml
(2015-03-03, 06:41)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 05:09)Batiatus Wrote:

In the WidgetLayout.xml file you need to search for this line

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ColorFlagsSource]source/$INFO[Window(home).Property(VideoCodec),,.png]</texture>

And replace it with this line.

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ColorFlagsSource]Source/$VAR[SourceFlagVar,,.png]</texture>

Then find this line.

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ColorFlagsAspectRatio]aspectratio/$INFO[Window(home).Property(VideoAspect),,.png]</texture>

And replace with this.

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ColorFlagsAspectRatio]aspectratio/$VAR[VideoAspectVar,,.png]</texture>

And that should get the new variables to work.

I've modded my file which will be included in a 1080i folder update soon.
Uploaded a current version of the 1080i folder here.

Download it and replace the old one and all files in the skin folder over the previous version.

There's still 1 thing to fix for sure and possibly a few more tweaks I'm working out, but everything discussed to this point is included.
(2015-03-04, 08:53)Batiatus Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 06:41)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 05:09)Batiatus Wrote: Do you know where the code for this widget is? If so I can tell you what to replace in both the audio codec and aspect ratio strings.

In the WidgetLayout.xml file you need to search for this line

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ColorFlagsSource]source/$INFO[Window(home).Property(VideoCodec),,.png]</texture>

And replace it with this line.

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ColorFlagsSource]Source/$VAR[SourceFlagVar,,.png]</texture>

Then find this line.

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ColorFlagsAspectRatio]aspectratio/$INFO[Window(home).Property(VideoAspect),,.png]</texture>

And replace with this.

Code:
<texture>$VAR[ColorFlagsAspectRatio]aspectratio/$VAR[VideoAspectVar,,.png]</texture>

And that should get the new variables to work.

I've modded my file which will be included in a 1080i folder update soon.

When I replaced the lines with the modified lines the Source flag and the Aspectratio flag no longer appeared. Just to reiterate, it's the audio and aspect flags that need adjusted to display the correct named convention flags. Did this work for you? and if so then I must have done something wrong. Also just so you know, I was able to create naming conventions for DTSHD-MA 7.1 and DTSHR 7.1 that work. Thanks again Batiatus and look forward to more of your ideas.
Looks like I pulled out the wrong line of code for audio codec and instead grabbed the video source. My bad. But otherwise those are the places the new variable string should be inserted.

As said before I've not made any changed to audio variables baded on dts channels. The Kodi and/or ffmpeg teams need to fix this problem.
I love your mod Batiatus! Thank you SO much for the endless hard work you have done with this!

I am really, really new so everyone please excuse this dumb question.

To install your mod into my Kodi Files, (I already have Aeon Nox installed) do I download it from the link on the first page of this post and put it into the same file in the Kodi files as the Aeon Nox skin is? Does it have to go into the skin file itself?

And lastly, do I download the new version of the 1080i folder and replace the old one and all files in the skin folder over the previous version after I do the first installation?

Please excuse me for my lack of knowledge about this - I really appreciate your help!
You download from the first link, unzip and then replace the entire 1080i folder with the new one. Then put the main folder in your userdata\kodi\addons folder. Probably best if you don't have other versions of Aeon Nox in there. Just more your current folder someplace else.

I've tweaked a few things lately but haven't update the 1080i folder. Nothing major but I'll look at it again this weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox Helix modded by Batiatus10