Chromebox Network Communication help
Hi

I've got an Asus Chromebox M099u (the one with 4Gb of ram). I've installed Kodi standalone using the script and updated to Openelec 5.0.

I've got the 100% CPU issue, which I think is 'dirty regions' and Ive been playing with the advancedsettings.xml to sort this out.

However a more frustrating issue I have is the network, at times, sometimes from a clean reboot, I can't communicate with the box, even using the iPad controller, button clicks will take 10 seconds to take effect, and trying to browse the Kodi files in windows explorer just times out.

I've looked at my router and my network etc and everything seems fine. All my other devices work ok, just not the Chromebox.

How can I get into the box to see what's causing the problem?

Thankyou.

Mark
Do you have it set to wait for network startup?
Hi, no I dont. Should i?

The network is started, becuase I can connect the iOS app to kodi, however the connection is very very slow.
Give it a shot. It fixed my network issues out of suspend.
Hi, tried this, it didn't mKe any difference.

It's as if something is saturating the link, after approx 10 minutes everything is then fine.

Can anyone help me to understand what's happening, like a task manager or something so I can see current network traffic?

Thanks
Hi

I'm still having this problem, however I think I've narrowed down the problem.

On the Openelec wifi page, the page where you select your SSID, I can see the connection constantly cycling through, idle, association, ready.......idle, association, ready......idle, association, ready.....

Can anyone help, or tell me how to debug this, there is nothing in kodi.log.

Thankyou.
hi. you say you updated to openelec 5.0? maybe something went wrong. try the resets options in openelec setting, check them out.
Hi, thanks.

I tried this and did a complete reset of all settings, no luck.

Could it be a hardware issue?
Hi, last thing would be a hard reset/better reinstall (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-5.0.0.tar) or another OS like Ubuntu to see if it works properly. If no luck i do think it could be hardware failure. i saw once in other thread about someone with ethernet nic failure.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
I did try the hard reset, with no luck.

At the moment I've smacked it and it seems to be ok, I'll give it a few days to see.

Thank you
lol ok
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox Network Communication help0