adapter shows no satconf
I ran into a problem with TVHeadend.
From one day to the other, the adapter shows no satconf and I'm not able to open a tv channel.
I already changed the sat cable without any changes.
I'm running TVH Version 3.4.28
Under Configuration > DVB Input > Adapter > Multimuxes every mux hat 100% of quality.

When I try to watch TV under xbmc(Kodi), I get no input detected.
When I look in status/active subscriptions the state says Testing and after that bad.

This is from a restart ov TVHeadend services:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9711308/

Also after a restart of the service I can't watch tv channel.

This occurs into syslog, when I try to switch to a tv channel by kodi:

Code:
Jan 11 13:18:38 xbmc tvheadend[1967]: dvb: diseqc setup failed -1
Jan 11 13:18:38 xbmc tvheadend[1967]: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter0" tuning to "11,861,000 kHz Horizontal (No satconf)" -- Front configuration failed -- Bad file descriptor, frequency: 1261000
Jan 11 13:18:38 xbmc tvheadend[1959]: dvb: diseqc setup failed -1
Jan 11 13:18:38 xbmc tvheadend[1959]: dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter1" tuning to "ASTRA 1: 12,522,000 kHz Vertical (No satconf)" -- Front configuration failed -- Bad file descriptor, frequency: 1922000
Jan 11 13:18:43 xbmc tvheadend[1967]: subscription: "127.0.0.1 [ alex | XBMC Media Center ]" unsubscribing from "Das Erste HD"
Jan 11 13:18:43 xbmc tvheadend[1967]: subscription: "127.0.0.1 [ alex | XBMC Media Center ]" subscribing on "ZDF HD", weight: 150, adapter: "Tmax TAS2101 #oben", network: "ASTRA 1", mux: "ASTRA 1: 11,361,750 kHz Horizontal (No satconf)", provider: "DIGITAL+", service: "ZDF HD", quality: 100

Did someone now how to fix the issue?
You don't say what platform you're on, but I'd guess that the 'bad file descriptor' is the clue - dodgy PCI/USB connection, lack of power to the tuner, tuner going onto power-saving and not waking up, etc.

You could also try a later build of tvh - while 3.4 is the last official stable release, it's getting pretty old now and a lot has changed.
Ok,

no I'm really confused.
I switched back to the old SAT cable, which is selfbuild.
Due the fact, that I had problems with my Dreambox before (same cable), I though this cable has a defective contact.
So I ordered a new cable.

Before I post this topic, I got the same issue with the old (selfbuild) cable. So I connected the new cable - same issue.
Switched back to the old cable and actually everything works fine?!

Plattform is Ubuntu 14.04
Tuner is TBS 6982 dual tuner dvb-s2 (PCIe) which is connected with a 4-Pin power cable.
Is there something in the configuration which is not correct?

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150111/posutd9d.png
As I understand it, "close device handle when idle" == "don't hang on to this tuner when you're not using it, so let other things have a play". That *might* be relevant, so you can try clearing that unless you need to share the tuner with other applications.

When you get the problem, you can also look into /var/log/syslog to see if there's anything there about the DVB device stopping or restarting, and also keep an eye on /dev/dvb/adapter1 to see if that file disappears for some reason. The 'bad file descriptor" suggests that tvheadend can no longer use the tuner because this file (or a related one) is no longer accessible - it looks where it last saw it, fails to find it, and hence the complaint (I suppose it's vaguely possible that it's an OS or disc I/O problem, but that's not really where I'd start looking).

You can also switch on debugging in the tvheadend web interface and see if that tells you any more - the up arrows in the bottom right of the interface, followed by the cog/gear/wheel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adapter shows no satconf0