Solved Kodibuntu - Kodi boots into small portion of screen, not fullscreen.
I'm running the latest version of Kodibuntu (Kodi (14.0 Git:ad747d9). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit), all was fine until a few weeks back once the machine boots up into kodi, kodi is only in the top left corner in a small resolution. The rest of the screen is the blue background from the login screen. If i go into settings - system - Video Output - Monitor, and change it from Default to HDMI-0 or the other way around it will snap back to fullscreen.

If i quit Kodi and go to the login screen, the login screen is always fullscreen, its only when Kodi is launched that the issue happens. Anyone got any ideas? Not sure where to start to troubleshoot this.

http://pastebin.com/PEUhm8GM A log of the boot up.
had that too, it helped for me to go to settings - system - video - and change to fullscreen, or to windowed and back to fullscreen
(2015-01-12, 17:30)chewara Wrote: had that too, it helped for me to go to settings - system - video - and change to fullscreen, or to windowed and back to fullscreen

Ah the only thing I didn't change. That worked, thanks!
I having the same issue, and can solved by change Monitor from Default to HDMI-0 or reverse.
But the problem appear every time when i boot up my HTPC.
I think this problem happen after i upgrade system with "apt-get upgrade", the kernel has been replaced or something.
Any solution? o.O
Same issue here.
Every time I start Kodi (on Kodibuntu) I have a small screen on the top left, rest is black.
Connection to TV is HDMI.

I tried to change monitor setting and fullscreen /Windowed options , it solves the issue, but onlusten untill the next reboot; issue is there again.

It first appeared when I started to use two apps on my iPad; xbmc Touch and Sybu Kodi, can one of those be the cause some settings did change or is it not related? Might be coincidence.

Hope somebody have some suggestions.
Thanks!
The same thing is happening to me. If Kodibuntu is powered up OR rebooted, it will start up in a shrinked screen on the top left corner. This can be fixed by going to settings and changing the video output from default to hdmi-0 or vice versa. BUT this is a TEMP fix, as it happens on every power on / reboot.

Also, this started happening immediately after upgrading via apt-get method (I never had the issue before the upgrade, and I've been using kodibuntu for the past 2 years)

Please can someone assist?
You all should post a Debug Log from your running version. We can´t say anything without.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu - Kodi boots into small portion of screen, not fullscreen.0