extended character sets
Hi,
I am starting to discover Kodi and what it can do for me. Tried several skins, and like the SiO2.

I have lots of Czech music and no matter what character set I select, some characters are not shown - ř, ě, ť and there must be others. If I select Czech as the language, it does not make any difference.

Can somebody help, please

Edit: the default font for this skin does not include CE characters. I replaced it with a similar complete font and it works.
(2015-01-12, 07:42)jfranek Wrote: Hi,
I am starting to discover Kodi and what it can do for me. Tried several skins, and like the SiO2.

I have lots of Czech music and no matter what character set I select, some characters are not shown - ř, ě, ť and there must be others. If I select Czech as the language, it does not make any difference.

Can somebody help, please

Edit: the default font for this skin does not include CE characters. I replaced it with a similar complete font and it works.

I'll try and switch to the default Kodi font on next release. Unfortunately is not easy to find a freely distributable font, that is complete.
but I did so for sio2-x and apparently the Kodi font is perfect.

Cheers.

I updated ATV3 branch to default kodi font...

could You please test it and check if it works properly with your needs?

https://github.com/fastcolors/skin.sio2/tree/ATV3

thanks.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Thanks fastcolors for responding.

I am a beginner in these waters - I could not download the new Font.xml, so I downloaded the whole ATV3 folder and moved it into addons in AppData.

The font works, but the CE glyphs do not look nice. It is not a font designed for extended character sets from the start.

Your current default font in sio2 is Bitstream Vera Sans. It is a free but unfinished font. I googled it and via Wikipedia got to dejavu -

http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page

My understanding is that the dejavu fonts are free, but using it in a software for distribution - I don't know - you would have to read the licence.. But it is a font with proper CE glyphs that look good. The download link is between two yellow lines.

regards
Joe

Edit: I removed some items that I since managed to fix myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extended character sets0