Is editing Confluence home menu in latest version of kodi just not possible?
I tried CCM and Amber, but these skins have way more bells and whistles than I want. CCM looks like it would take me ages just trying to make it as simple as original confluence.

I like Confluence's neutral backgrounds. I'm not a fan of the arty photos or movie fan art that represents main categories in most of the skins I've tried.

Is it just not possible to edit an xml file anywhere anymore? All I really want is to add an Anime category.

And if not, why? lol

No disrespect intended for all the hard work on all these skins!
Obviously you can edit the skin files and add another menu item, there are guides around to do that. However your problem is going be adding the "Anime Category".

I accept your preferences and yes CCM does go for the flashy, but easier to turn off the bells and whistles in the skin settings than editing xml files Big Grin

CCM-Helix objective is to look like default Confluence on initial install, but then being able to add personalised preferences.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Basic method for you.

(This assumes all ur content is in your video library and offers a way of seperating the content)

Create a smart playlist, to view exactly what you want.

Add the following to your Home.xml (around line 940'ish, you'll see it)

<item id="999">
<label>ANIME</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,special://videoplaylists/[NAME OF PLAYLIST].xsp,return)</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
</item>

You can create more than one for multiple playlists. And restart Kodi to finish.

Hope it helps.
pontyjon I'll try it! Well, I would...

But I can't find Home.xml anywhere!

Mud islander but then doesn't it still have photos for all the categories in the menu, instead of neutral backgrounds? And it's the XBMC logo there no matter what you turn off?
(2015-01-14, 09:51)AtariBaby Wrote: Mud islander but then doesn't it still have photos for all the categories in the menu, instead of neutral backgrounds? And it's the XBMC logo there no matter what you turn off?

Customizable is the keyword -

If you want "photos for all the categories in the menu, instead of neutral backgrounds" = Yes
if you don't want "photos for all the categories in the menu, instead of neutral backgrounds" = No

CCM-Helix looks like Confluence on initial install, including a single image background through out.

As per Confluence -"the XBMC logo is there no matter what you turn off" but in CCM you could always ask for a setting to hide it Smile

Anyway will stop hijacking your thread, just gave you an option instead of editing xml files.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2015-01-14, 09:51)AtariBaby Wrote: pontyjon I'll try it! Well, I would...

But I can't find Home.xml anywhere!

Mud islander but then doesn't it still have photos for all the categories in the menu, instead of neutral backgrounds? And it's the XBMC logo there no matter what you turn off?

Assuming ur using windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p
I would love to stay with Confluence, as it's easy and clean, and works with all plugins and scripts, but on the other end, I ended up using Aeon Nox just because that skin lets me alter the home menu within the skin and without messing with xml files. I really think this is an option Confluence should provide out of the box.
Sorry for a noob question but I've spent over 3 hours trying to find what should be a 5 minute answer:

Just plain and simply, using XML or otherwise, HOW DO I ADD A MENU TO THE DEFAULT SKIN IN KODI 14.2 and where the hell is this Home.xml file (it does not seem to exist anywhere)Huh All the references online make it sounds like it's simply a matter of updating this file... It does not seem to exist! How can I simply add some additional menus to my home screen (e.g. Documentaries, Comedy, etc?)

Can anyone please provide a simple step-by-step set of instructions that actually works, with FULL file paths (not relative paths) for a default install pleaseHuh Running on Amazon Fire TV (not rooted)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is editing Confluence home menu in latest version of kodi just not possible?0