Req Turn off Mac display when using a secondary, e.g. TV
There is an option in Kodi to blank the first display when using a secondary display like a TV.

Is there any chance you could offer a setting to completely turn off the first display instead of just making it blank?

Like DisableMonitor does. https://github.com/Eun/DisableMonitor

This is really intrusive. As it is implemented in "DisableMonitor" it really will disable the display (like doing it in system settings of osx) and moves all windows from that monitor to the primary monitor. I tend to not implement this because it will leave the display disabled when kodi stops / crashs unexpected.

There is no sane API from apple to suspend a display temporarily (which would be an acceptable way to do it).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-01-12, 12:10)The_MjW Wrote: There is an option in Kodi to blank the first display when using a secondary display like a TV.

Is there any chance you could offer a setting to completely turn off the first display instead of just making it blank?

Like DisableMonitor does. https://github.com/Eun/DisableMonitor

Is clamshell mode not an option for you ?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2015-01-12, 16:53)Memphiz Wrote: This is really intrusive. As it is implemented in "DisableMonitor" it really will disable the display (like doing it in system settings of osx) and moves all windows from that monitor to the primary monitor. I tend to not implement this because it will leave the display disabled when kodi stops / crashs unexpected.

There is no sane API from apple to suspend a display temporarily (which would be an acceptable way to do it).
Ok, I understand. I'll keep on using the "blanc display" option of kodi and see if I can automate DisableMonitor somehow. Thanks for the quick answer!

(2015-01-13, 06:19)activate Wrote: Is clamshell mode not an option for you ?
I'm on an iMac. No clamshell mode for us. :/
after the video is started on your TV, you can press cmd+alt+eject on your keyboard.
thats switches off your iMac screen, couldn't that be implemented to do by default? a script maybe?
(2015-01-15, 19:07)neurosis13 Wrote: after the video is started on your TV, you can press cmd+alt+eject on your keyboard.
thats switches off your iMac screen, couldn't that be implemented to do by default? a script maybe?

Hmm. That does not work for me. Both screens switch off even when the video is playing.
if you are using a macbook pro - there's a nice magnet trick to make the machine believe the lid is closed, thus entering clamshell mode without the heat problem of running the mbp with closed lid. That's what I do. http://osxdaily.com/2012/05/26/stupid-bu...-a-magnet/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off Mac display when using a secondary, e.g. TV0