Solved Some posters not showing after installing Kodi
Question 
I just installed Kodi 14.0 and I thought it would bring over my XBMC library. Unfortunately, no such luck, so I had to re-add my library paths for movies/shows and re-import everything. All the titles imported OK, but now none of the TV show banners are displayed. It's just a generic HD video camera banner for all shows. The fanart is blank for about half of the shows, but for the other half the fanart displays. For the movies, most of the posters/fanarts display fine, but for about 5-10% of the movies, it's just a blank poster/fanart. Everything was displaying correctly with Gotham 13.2, so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the picture files themselves.

I refreshed the movie with the missing poster/fanart, and it still didn't fix it. Interestingly, if I go into the info page for the show or movie the poster/banner is displayed OK, so Kodi is seeing the pictures but just not displaying them properly.

Any idea what might be causing this? I enabled DDS fanart in my advancedsettings.xml file after importing the library, but I don't think that should have caused what's happening.
Were you running in portable mode prior to the upgrade?
No, I wasn't using portable mode but thanks for the reply.

I think I just figured out what the issue was though. I disabled the dds fanart setting by renaming my advancedsettings.xml file (the only other thing in there was for <cachemembuffersize>), and refreshed a movie and show with missing poster/fanart and boom, fixed! I'm guessing there's an issue with Kodi and the dds fanart setting.
Glad you got it sorted. I've never used that setting.
Looks like I spoke too soon. I cleared out all the shows in my library by changing the root path and cleaning the library from within Kodi, and then fixed the path and rescanned to have them all re-imported.
While most of the TV show banners now display OK, when I go into the shows only some of the season posters and thumbnails display (the rest are blank). It seems fairly random, where some episodes in a season will have the thumbnail and some won't, and some shows will have season posters and some won't. Also, if I show banner is missing, I can refresh it to make it display, but then when I refresh anther show the previous one will stop displaying the banner again. Weird.

So it looks like there is still a problem with the artwork...
Do you use MySQL or the default SQLite database?
I never changed anything with the DB, so I assume it's just the default.
Quit Kodi. Backup your Textures13.db file then delete it. Restart Kodi and let Kodi remake it.
That seemed to do it, thanks.

The file got much smaller, from about 10MB to about 160kb, though I assume it'll get bigger over time.
Yes as you navigate through the library and add remove things it will grow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some posters not showing after installing Kodi0