Animated gif and emby
How do i get animated gif work ?
Im using mq6 and emby and kodi jarvis
I thought just replacing poster.jpg with poster.gif would work but it doesnt
Any idea?
Skank this may be better suited at the emby forum. Http://Emby.media/community
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
You need go to specific item, press i (video info), click in get thumb, select poster or fanart, and set specific animated art, done.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-11-21, 14:24)Wanilton Wrote: You need go to specific item, press i (video info), click in get thumb, select poster or fanart, and set specific animated art, done.

yes i tried that, but somehow when i click to get poster
its not showing the gif files not even the jpg files, only folders
any idea why?
so i cant point to it (as well as on windows as on android)

is this a skin bug? or ?

i asked help on emby forum too but they said to do exactly the same as you do wanilton
Ok i did some more tests
its not skin related

with iso files, i do see the gif files
with bdmv folders i dont see them cause kodi auto goes into the bdmv folder... but thats one too far
for ex
\oblivion\poster.jpg
\oblivion\oblivion.gif
but kodi auto goes into
\oblivion\bdmv\
so it cant find it, it cant go up the folder either
i only can chose:
- local file
- current file
- item map, so in item map i can browse to the smb path, but only from \oblivion\bdmv\ and farther on
not up the tree...
how come?

also
if i put the gif into \oblivion\bdmv\oblivion.gif
i can select it, but the gif file doesnt work!!!! its static! (over smb)
if i put the gif file local... the gif file does work !!!

why is that? dont they work over smb?
i cant put them local cause its android device and not much space...

help needed
Wanilton?
@Skank, I don´t use smb or nfs. I know don´t work via NFS, about SMB I don´t have info about. I only use local hds, nothing via network.
i posted in gereal forum
hope i get answers there
strangen nobody can help about this
Still stuck on this...
Other thing, Wanilton, you know if its possible to have normal posters for wall view, and animated gifs for for ex right list view?
Maybe ask MarcosQui
Nope, it´s global, it you change poster, where have poster, will appear animated and no more static, and I think you need choice one view with one poster only, kodi limite ram memory use with gif image +- 79mb.

It´s no good idea use wall view with animated arts.
mmm
it would be nice though
to be able to specify what view uses normal jpg or animated gif

Anyway need to find a solution for why it doesnt work over smb
I have been trying to get animated posters to work as well. Couldn't figure out why it worked on some installs/situations but did on others. Finally nailed it down to the same thing. my remote nas using smb. If my gifs are local they work. If I host them with my movies on my NAS they do not work.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=249273

Code:
20:46:02 T:7080 ERROR: Gif::LoadGif(): Memory consumption too high: 124746480 bytes. Restricting animation to 59. File memory file

This error seems to be fixed: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8380

And to me it looks like .gif isn't a supported format for SMB
Code:
20:46:12 T:4208 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://Browse/
20:46:12 T:4208 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Exists - Error checking for image://Browse/

Still the same with latest nightly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated gif and emby0