[RELEASE] Smithsonian Channel Addon
Acknowledged...

Since I got your attention,  I always wanted to mention that the 'index' (table of contents) of the available episodes doesn't always match the actual episode content that plays when selected...
(i.e. Selecting ''Statue of Liberty" plays "Strange Animals of the Amazon"....   not actual, I just made the titles up)
Smithsonian Channel hasn't opened in last several weeks in Kodi 17.6.  I have reinstalled Smithsonian Add On from Kodi addon file multiple times in last week and no longer get a list of Smithsonian video titles right off.  Rather I get Error Message momentarily  flashed on screen and reference to look in  Log.  I don't know how or where to find the log this is referencing.

I have deleted and reloaded Smithsonian from Kodi Repository multiple times and now get the same error everytime.

Rather then get Smithsonian video titles of episodes screen has following three titles listed:  Files, Playlists, Video AddOn.  None of these lead to a list of Smithsonian videos

Suggestions on resolving this would be appreciated.

Aside: Paid Subscription to Smithsonian is working correcty.
See this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2801324
Any update to this?
Are you aware of any progress on getting Smithsonian back working on Kodi?  Also is there a Kodi addon for the various PBS shows?  Thanks
(2018-12-19, 20:24)learningit Wrote: Looks like the new site is a work in progress. Once it settles down I'll fix the add-on. There's still a reasonable amount of free episodes currently available, that may change once they finish transitioning to the new site though.
Would love to see this addon back, it had great content and the video always looked great
I'll reach out to @learningit and look into maintaining the plugin.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I was checking out the Smithsonian site today trying to find the unlocked content and it took me a little while to figure it out, then I remembered this thread.  Any news?
Looking forward to this. Not sure why it's included if it hasn't been working for years though...
Nearly all the content is behind a subscriber login, so there's no point in an update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Smithsonian Channel Addon0