Migrate customized skin to another computer
Title says it all, but here's more info:

I've been working on customizing the menus of Aeon Nox 5. I have multiple Kodi boxes (currently all on Gotham), and want to have the same skin look & feel across all. I figured I could 'develop' on one, and when satisfied, replace home/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5 on the untouched box.

The source Kodi (the one with the modified skin) is Windows 8, the destination Windows 7, but I doubt that should matter.

I've copied home/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5, and after some searching, userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts.

But once replaced, when I fire up Kodi on the 2nd machine, it's still got the default Aeon Nox 5 skin.

Are there other folders that need to be copied? Is what I'm trying to do possible?
Copying the skin folder should work.
You can try to zip your original and try the "install from zip" method.
Make sure you can see the changed code in the files on your second machine.
Make sure the version number is high enough so it won't get updated over.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
What about the userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts? That is apparently where my customized menu items reside, so if I copied just the skin folder, wouldn't those be lost?

When you say zip the original, is that just zip the skin.aeon.nox.5 folder?
(2015-01-13, 16:12)jp.briggs Wrote: What about the userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts? That is apparently where my customized menu items reside, so if I copied just the skin folder, wouldn't those be lost?

Copying the data in there should carry over your menu yes. Nox probably also has a shortcuts folder in the skin's main folder. Copying the files from userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts intoto that folder should do the trick as well, as those will be registered as the defaults.
Thanks for the replies. I wound up just copying the whole XBMC directory, and everything worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrate customized skin to another computer0