Win XBMC and KODI both freeze on navigating to Video Files
Hi there. I've been having this problem a lot lately. I download xbmc OR kodi, and I get the same error. I set up my library and it works alright for maybe a day or two. Then I want to scan for the new files I added. Go to Video - Files, to scan for new videos and it freezes. Right click - close does nothing. Task manager, does nothing for minutes, then after enough insistence finally ends the program.

I'm running Kodi on Windows 8, 64 bit. Have 3 libraries. Movies and Tv are on a big internal drive, and anime is on an external. This program is awesome, but this bug literally cripples the software for me, and it doesn't care what version of the software I use, it keeps happening. Kodi, XBMC, doesn't matter. Beta or stable, doesn't matter. Use existing library or new library, doesn't matter.

Log File: http://pastebin.com/yeJnuw8A (hope I did it right)
Have you tried disabling service.libraryautoupdate?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
No, is that the plugin or is there a different one you're referring to (and if so, how do I disable it?). I added a plugin for library auto update because I wanted to see if that at least could add video files without crashing the software, which it did, but doesnt give me any control or let me add sources.
Yes, I'm referring to the plugin (or add-on). You should be able to disable by going through SYSTEM-->ADDONS-->ENABLED ADDONS-->SERVICES--> and then navigate to library autoupdate, selecting and disabling it. This is the same procedure for disabling all addons. Occasionally there are some addons that can only be disabled by deleting the addon folder from your userdata folder.

Anyhow. You were having the freeze-up problem before installing the addon? Can you reliably access all of your media outside of Kodi?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Yes the problem existed before, I installed the addon specifically to check if the act of scanning files was what was causing the issue, but the addon works fine.

And yes I can easily and reliably access my files outside of the software.
can you post your sources.xml to pastebin?
Sure, it is pretty mundane.

http://pastebin.com/2xfjjwRx
Hrmmm. I notice that your sources only lists 2 of the sources, not the Anime on the external.

Was your Anime drive plugged in at the time?
Yes it was. The anime source appears to have been deleted, removed, or something. The source, not the files. However this issue occurred even before I moved the anime to the external drive.
I face the same issue. Any update on this?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I'm still suffering the issue.
Mmh, same issue with me. I am using mysql and suspect that our issue is related to this. You also using mysql? Also, my database is fairly sizeable. How many movies and shows do you have in yours?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I don't have any setup like that... just using the basic software. I'm running it off my main computer, using the software as a front end for video playing and library management, no server stuff.
Quote:set up my library and it works alright for maybe a day or two.
So you set-up your library 'again'. Are you using an imported library back-up? Just over writing the old install with a new install? Or is this a virgin install and import? Depending on how this was done, you may have a corrupt database that keeps coming back to haunt you. Do you keep your meta-data backed up/exported to separate individual folders? A clean virgin install and deletion of the roaming folder might be in order. At least it would be the quickest way to get back on your feet, but if you haven't exported your meta-data you might consider doing it prior to a complete re-haul.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and KODI both freeze on navigating to Video Files0