VU+/Enigma2 Client: cant play channels which have alternatives
Heart 
VU+/Enigma2 Client: cant play channels which have alternatives

Thos without alternatives play fine... those with alternative channel definitions withint eh bouquet dont work... I created a new bouquet just for xbmc [kodi] as a temp solution, but does anyone know IF, HOW, WHEN a fix for this will happen or is even possible Huh

Plugin is great, works fairly well if a little slow at times...

Openwebif still loads quicker using VLC, and even the transcoding works there... Openwebif also is able to play those bouquets/channels which contain the alternative channel information (not sure if it just uses the first one? or if it would tuly reflect what the box - VU+ Duo 2 would do Huh maybe someone in the know could answer that?)

Thanks in advance for any help, advice, response.... Really would be great to see the best of xbmc [kodi], plex, openwebif, enigma2 all combined neatly... its not far off, lovin options.

Regards,

Tested with latest Kodi version
Tested with latest Plex
Tested with latest Openvix for Vu+ Duo 2
Tested with latest VLC
as of 13/01/2015
I don't think that this is possible. I think there is no API call on the enigma2 backend which could tell the pvr addon that there are alternatives for that channel - especially as the alternative channels could change at any time.

So this would be something that must be handled within the default Kodi player (IMHO)...
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Even if it download some references first (maybe not via the normal api) ?
DreamBox Edit is able to see the alternatives that are setup...

Anyway, planted that seed...
As a work around IPTV simple client works very well - even with channels that have alternative, but I cannot get EPG to work with IPTV simple client...

Download the stream.m3u files for each channel with alternatives and merge them manually, do not download the service.m3u for the whole bouquet as it does not contain the channels with alternatives.
Use the manually merged m3u-file with IPTV simple client.

Of cause this is just a work around and not a solution of the problem...
A new issues has been opened on GitHub.
There is also a solution:
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus/issues/20
(2015-09-04, 19:02)slo936 Wrote: As a work around IPTV simple client works very well - even with channels that have alternative, but I cannot get EPG to work with IPTV simple client...

Download the stream.m3u files for each channel with alternatives and merge them manually, do not download the service.m3u for the whole bouquet as it does not contain the channels with alternatives.
Use the manually merged m3u-file with IPTV simple client.

Of cause this is just a work around and not a solution of the problem...
@slo936 - hi there. I am experiencing this issue but I am not quite grasping what you mean when you say merge the m3u files, could you possibly expand on that or give a fictitious example. Sorry if it blindingly obvious. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VU+/Enigma2 Client: cant play channels which have alternatives0