Kodi buffer settings
Hi . . .

I read in the advanced settings > network > cachemembuffersize (here) that setting 0 force OS to write cache to disk instead of RAM.

well... so is clear to me that the cache is written to disk, but it is not clear how much the value of the cache, if you can increase or decrease and how.

Does anyone know?

PS
The question is valid for any OS (win, android, linux etc.)

Thanks
(2015-01-13, 14:49)kRel Wrote: Hi . . .

I read in the advanced settings > network > cachemembuffersize (here) that setting 0 force OS to write cache to disk instead of RAM.

well... so is clear to me that the cache is written to disk, but it is not clear how much the value of the cache, if you can increase or decrease and how.

Does anyone know?

PS
The question is valid for any OS (win, android, linux etc.)

Thanks
please up . . .
Here: HOW-TO:Modify the video cache
You cannot limit the amount if you set it to use the local drive. It will attempt to use as much as possible, and if there is not enough drive space then playback will likely just stop without an error message being shown.
thanks to both of ...

Quote:Value: 0 - we can use the local disk memory (typically your hard drive), which will not put any limit on the size (outside of the size of your drive). This also allows devices with low RAM, such as the Raspberry Pi, to cache more than they normally would due to the small amount of RAM they have. The cache is deleted from the local disk whenever playback is stopped.
Note: This will likely cause increased wear-and-tear on your drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi buffer settings0