Linux AUDIO MISSING FROM HDMI AFTER RESUME FROM STAND-BY
Hi at all, I hope someone can help me with this issue I'm becoming crazy.

Environment:
Zotac PC with audio / video output over HDMI, installed KODI 14
Yamaha RX2065 with hdmi input

Issue:
when the zotac PC goes in stand by (after 20 mins on no activity) when I resume by remote from stand by and play a movie I have missing Audio at all (Yamaha AV does not display any ch icon for the active channels, for example 2.0 or 5.1)

The only WORKAROUND found is reboot system and I will get back the icon of 5.1 ch on my yamaha.

ALREADY TRYED UNSUCCESFULLY in configuration:

Power on AV receiver before/after resume PC from stand by
Power off then on Yamaha AV
Set audio output to always ON
Changed Optimezed/best match audio settings
Enabled / disabled Passtrought
Changed Audio output to hdmi 0 and hdmi 1 (works only with hdmi 0 , there is only one hdmi)

Maybe I can enable Debug logging? can be helpful to someone to identify the issue?

Please help me.
Suspend and resume is matter of the underlaying operation system. Workarounds in the past were: hardcoding EDID information so that the display drivers keeps that while resuming.

There are different howtos in this forum for nvidia, intel, radeon.

v15 will have ALSA hotplug support which makes that a bit better - but as said it's nothing kodi should really workaround, especially not if you resume and the AVR is off.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-01-13, 17:02)fritsch Wrote: Suspend and resume is matter of the underlaying operation system. Workarounds in the past were: hardcoding EDID information so that the display drivers keeps that while resuming.

There are different howtos in this forum for nvidia, intel, radeon.

v15 will have ALSA hotplug support which makes that a bit better - but as said it's nothing kodi should really workaround, especially not if you resume and the AVR is off.
Hi thank you for your quick answer

The AVR yamaha Is always powered on BEFORE resume with remote.

How I have to modify EDID?
Note that the issue is only on audio, video is resuming correctly, audio and video goes to the AVR by Hdmi cable. and then to display.

It is possible to enable logging? could be helpful
Picar, I'm having a similar problem using the Intel NUC.

See this and this thread on the OpenELEC forum, maybe your problem is the same.
pavv you're right, this is exactly my issue, your issue is a little different.

who can help us please read this post

http://openelec.tv/forum/107-suspend-and...dmi#128359

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AUDIO MISSING FROM HDMI AFTER RESUME FROM STAND-BY0