AFTV: Sync Kodi configurations and libraries to multiple AFTV devices
I like the idea. I think of something like the Firefox sync where the data is stored on an external server. Would be cool to have some addon with this functionality, where you login and everything is like one has set it up. I am experimenting with different setups and going through all setting everytime takes alot of time.

Edit: There is an addon called Backup, which offers this functionality (apart from creating preset profiles).
first time on here, trying to work things out, I use adbfire to back up and restore, but I always have problems, half the time the restore doesn't work, always fails on me and I cant work out why, am I doing something wrong? do I need to change any settings? im restoring my backup to my amazon fire tv stick, and It gets really annoying when you get 30 mins into the restore then it fails on you..any help would be so greatly appreciated, its getting annoying trying to restore it onto sticks for other rooms in my house, thanks in advance
(2015-01-22, 07:45)Phat Phreddy Wrote: For the keeping of all boxes the same.. I am currently doing this with ADBFire.. I have one 'testbed' fireTV and then simply backup all kodi and restore it out to others on the network once I am happy that the testbed box is exactly how I want. Its not as automatic as you want but that top down control also stops family messing up a boxes settings and propogating that out to each box. I prefer that and in turn that gives a restore state that I am happy with. Its simple and can all be done from my desktop without fiddling on each box.

As for the library sharing.. I am battling, and losing, setting up MySQL with my NAS.. Hence I am asking similar Qs about Kodi and uPnP.. Answers to whcih may also relate to you.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1900223

what, exactly, are the steps to backup and restore Kodi onto different AFTV's? Do you first install Kodi from scratch on the new fire and then restore the backup?

Is the backup different for the FireTV and the Fire Stick? Or can they be used interchangeably?
I use mysql to sync up movies, tv shows and other content.

I have a mac mini as my server and use aftv's with adfire to load my content. I have an iMac that I use as a testbed and this is the system I use to setup the aftv's. I occasionally watch content on it

The AFTV's with adfire I have the same Kodi setup
Hi everyone, is there any progress with settings sharing? (library sharing is well described and works well)
Yeah would really like a way to set up my boxes and have settings propogate through all boxes.. And then perhaps put a child lock on settings access..

One uniform experience, one shared library, all boxes perform exactly the same no matter..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFTV: Sync Kodi configurations and libraries to multiple AFTV devices1