Win ERROR: Unable to Initialize. Exiting.
1. Version of XBMC. Kodi 14.0 Helix (Git:20141223-ad747d9)
2. Windows Version + patch level. Win 7 Home Pro x64 SP1
3. CPU/Architecture. Intel i5-4670k
4. RAM amount. 16gb (2x8)
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem. Start Kodi. Error appears before loading finishes.
6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem. Just Windows, at this point. I have my SQL db on another device, but it doesn't seem to load far enough for that to be an issue.
7. FULL Debug Log. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=394185 (sanitized)

This error has occurs every time I've tried to launch Kodi since I migrated from XBMC 13.2 Gotham. I allowed the installer to do the migration.
We will need a debug log. You will want to use the advancedsettings.xml method since you can not get Kodi to launch. See 1.2 in the wiki link.

If you were previously using profiles, and the profile folder is missing, you will get this error.
(2015-01-13, 21:41)kricker Wrote: We will need a debug log. You will want to use the advancedsettings.xml method since you can not get Kodi to launch. See 1.2 in the wiki link.

If you were previously using profiles, and the profile folder is missing, you will get this error.

I already edited my advancedsettings.xml and placed a debug log in the OP. I was not using individual profiles, the vanilla masterprofile that came pre-configured. It seems to point to userdata, which does exist in the correct location.

Edit: Are you asking for verbose logging described in 1.2.3? I can do that, if so.
Sorry I missed the log posted since it didn't show up as a link. I am not sure why you are getting an access violation. Can you manually remove all your extra add-ons and try it?
(2015-01-13, 21:59)kricker Wrote: Sorry I missed the log posted since it didn't show up as a link. I am not sure why you are getting an access violation. Can you manually remove all your extra add-ons and try it?

Moved all the addons that I recognized as having added myself out of addons/ into a temp folder.

Same error. Debug log doesn't look any different to me, but maybe I don't know what I'm looking for:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=394260
Backup all your user data then clear that folder and try again. Let's start as if it was a fresh install.
am not sure if this is the correct place to add this, but I am a first time user of Kodi, just downloaded Helix 14.2. After the install, when I first tried to start the application, just got a dark screen and then the message that the app wasn't responding and it shut down. I reset my computer and when I tried to launch the app, I would get the Kodi Logo, the "Error: Unable to Initialize Exiting" message. Since this is my first time trying to use the app, I am not sure what could be causing the problem.
(2015-06-11, 22:28)optimas Wrote: am not sure if this is the correct place to add this, but I am a first time user of Kodi, just downloaded Helix 14.2. After the install, when I first tried to start the application, just got a dark screen and then the message that the app wasn't responding and it shut down. I reset my computer and when I tried to launch the app, I would get the Kodi Logo, the "Error: Unable to Initialize Exiting" message. Since this is my first time trying to use the app, I am not sure what could be causing the problem.

try
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218274
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I think the issue may be with my graphics card. not sure though. I have an Intel® HD graphics card, the control pannel for it, does have 3D graphics items, but not sure if I have the correct settings or needed functions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Unable to Initialize. Exiting.0