Request - label for file without extension.
The problem is that,
list.filename - shows the filename with extension
And
List.FileExtension shows only the file extension
So there is no option to show the path to a file without his extension,
The main reason for asking this is because when you export video libary to seperate files, kodi export the discart and clearlogo too, but give them the file name + -discart.png
For example: titanic.1997-discart.png
And there is no option to call this from xml, because no label for file name without extension.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214607

Right now, if i have 400 movies with logos and discart - the export libary is not helping cause the files cannot be read.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Anyone?
these should work afaik:
$INFO[ListItem.Art(discart)]
$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)]
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Nope...
Those are use only when you scan Item to libary and use the artwork downloader to scan content.
as example If you download cdart for Fast and Furious 6, $INFO[ListItem.Art(discart)] will return the next path:
http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/82...254d28.png
and not the local path, and If item is not scanned yet (even when the filename-discart.png exist) - The $INFO's are empty
now after using the addon for every single movie I have - I want to save it - right?
but when export libary option is used - the file is made in the folder is File.Name.Fast.And.Furious.6.blabla-discart.png
now I want to get show this file...
because I don't want to scrap again or using addon for scan my whole libary again (this is the whole poing of exporting libary, save the scraping)
I'm confused - Artwork Downloader adds them to your library when it gets them. And you don't have to run it for each movie it can be run from Programs > Addons.
Yes I know I can, I know the addon very well.
The whole point is to backup.
like for Fresh install?
If I buy a new NAS and new HTPC to replace my old one...
Lets say that kodi were completly deleted - now I want to rescrape again all.... Export libary to it well - except of the idea of extra discart and logos etc....that cannot be loaded.

only options for me now is:
rename every single "filename-discart.png" to "discart.png" and use it in the right xml's as "list.path,,discart.png"
or rename it two "filename.avi-discart.png" and use:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Filename,,-discart.png]
both options are including renaming every single file whice is not the best to do....

I thing this will serve a lot of users who wants to backup their cdarts\logos\clearart etc... (every extra-art that not including in kodi engine)

So the solution can be:
1. change the "export libary" to export "discart.png" and "clearlogo.png" without the filename\or to include the file extension.
2. add ListItem label to filepath without extension
3. add an option to ignore the exporting of "discart" and "logos" when Exporting a libary - and I will try to make a little script that export them... (not a good solution for me)
Or run Artwork Downloader and enable 'Use local artwork'.
no matter what i try, Kodi doesn't export discart / clearlogo at my end....
and frankly, i never knew it did...

if you got Kodi to export that artwork, i'm wondering if Kodi will import them back again when you scan your movies to the library?

i'm sure the current situation (whatever it is) is far from ideal.
and whatever the problem is, the only real solution is to make sure our ListItem.Art() labels work properly,
they were added specifically for this purpose.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Artwork Downloader creates the files initially and imports them back again if you run it enabling 'Use local art'.
ok thats a start, but still I found some bugs

1. I Add all the movies to libary with my movies scraper - whice download fanart and posters.
2. Now I need to download cdarts and logos to my whole movies - so I enable "use local" as you said - and run the program - now every single movie have "disc.png" and "logo.png" - great...
3. ok now the libary is perfect - I want to save it ... so I go to video - export libary, choose of course seperate files and include fanart and poster now there are some news, "filename-discart.png" is no longer made, but - "filename-clearlogo.png" still exist and for no reason because "logo.png" is already there.
4. now lets delete the database and try to load all again - delete movie source - then added it again - all movies are added fine (because the NFOs\fanarts\posters) - but no logos\discart (and thats understood)
so I now goes to Artwork Downloder and let it run - it run very quickly so I guess It didnt download again all the arts and recognized the local media - great.

So I thing the problem is semi-solved for now:
* I will need to delete all the "filename-clearlogos.png" every time I export libary
* Still I think label List.FileNOExtension is needed for doing some cool things
* Now when I already did not used "local files" in my main libary whice on mysql server, Im afraid It will be complicated to convert it to localfiles, and only redownloading all art again will solve the problem

Any way - Thanks for yours responds
(2015-01-17, 19:50)tomer953 Wrote: * Still I think label List.FileNOExtension is needed for doing some cool things

We moved away from this 'old' method a number of years ago so Kodi doesn't hit your file system everytime you look at your library.

I think if you add one to start with and add new artwork (logos, etc) types for it Kodi will then look for and add them for every movie after that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request - label for file without extension.0