Mod [Solved] Aeon MQ 5 Freezes on Main Screen
Question 
Hello All,

This issue happened to me on 13.2, and I thought when I upgraded it would go away. I am running MQ5, and what happens is when I start Kodi, it opens fine and stays stuck on the Movies Screen. I could hear the clicks when I move left or right, but the screen doesn't move. The only way I can by pass all this is by pressing "s" and selecting File Manager then going back to the Main Menu. That is the only way it seems to work. Has this happened to anyone, else?
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Sorry to bump this one, but does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Post a debug log: Debug Log
(2015-01-22, 12:16)k4sh1n Wrote: Post a debug log: Debug Log

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it. Here is the log file. I hope it can lead to the source of my problem. Again thanks.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
I can't see any errors in your log file, nor were there noticeable delays between event lines.
With debug already enabled can you reproduce problem and post the new log.

The only thing i can suggest is to kill some dirty regions if the menu isn't been rendered on key presses.
When you upgraded did you reset the skin before use?
Also may wish to use the nightly 14.1 version of Kodi and see if any of the bug fixes resolves your issue
See link: 14.1
I actually checked the log and didn't see anything as you did. It was almost identical to what I put up before.

I did not reset the skin before I used 14.0. How should I reset it? Just click reset to default setup or something like that?
I'd rather try to try to reset the skin before I do the nightly. I appreciate all the help thus far.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Yeah just reset to default settings.

As per the OP thread for the MQ5 Helix Mod version, it states that there might be some issues if not reset when installed.
I gave the skin a test run to see if I could replicate the issue you have, but haven't had any luck in trying to get it to freeze on any of the menus.

Let us know how you go, with the reset.
I don't think a reset will fix this, but can't say for sure. Mostly what reset does is fix the menus for 14.0, and that mostly is for "TV" or PVR.

scott s.
The reset didn't work for me, I'm just going to use it the way I have been until MQ6 comes out. Hopefully that will help. I do appreciate all the help K4sh1n, and thanks scott967 for the input.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Try to update to 14.1 perhaps that could help

Raps
Thanks guys, updating to 14.1 seemed to fix my problem.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Lol, I missed that from my original post, glad that it now works Tongue
I have the exact same problem and have had it for a quite a long time (Gotham main release)
I also can here the clicks etc. as I use the keyboard but the screen stay locked on the home screen
I can fix it by going to settings (via favourites) and then back out again.
I am running 14.1.
I originally reported this issue back in May 2014 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194315 but unfortunately got no replies.

Debug file http://pastebin.com/4vmSjTWr
Kodi 18.5 on NVIDIA Shield TV, Denon AVR-X4400H, Monitor Audio Gold speakers + dual XTZ 12.17 subs, JVC DLA-x7900 projector, LG 55SJ810V TV
I was having this problem too and it was solved by moving the mouse (which I don't normally use) to the menu item; then the keyboard worked again. I then disabled mouse availability and everything works as it should with the keyboard. No more freezing menus.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Aeon MQ 5 Freezes on Main Screen0