Bug Double visualisation?
Adding one visualisation control in windows seems to actually create two visualisation instances. The second one is square and doesn't use the same coordinates and dimensions as the one actually coded.

Came across this while working in MyPVRRecordings.xml, but it happens in MyVideoNav.xml too, and likely every other window.

Can anyone confirm?
I know the visualiser doesn't like being animated in any way.I found that out while working on the same windows and decided to drop the preview panel in Conq because of it.
visualizers render straight to screen in a predetermined rectangle. scaling or animation won't have any effect.
(2015-01-14, 14:40)Hitcher Wrote: I know the visualiser doesn't like being animated in any way.I found that out while working on the same windows and decided to drop the preview panel in Conq because of it.

Cheers, but after taking out fade animation that's in the example, the problem remains.
furthermore i forgot to mention that they are single use. one at a time unless code is rewritten to instantiate several (there is no context to the visualizers so you have to do trickery in that case..)
(2015-01-14, 14:42)ironic_monkey Wrote: visualizers render straight to screen in a predetermined rectangle. scaling or animation won't have any effect.

Well, the actual rendering may be square but the control will scale, and it does get animated. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

(2015-01-14, 14:54)ironic_monkey Wrote: furthermore i forgot to mention that they are single use. one at a time unless code is rewritten to instantiate several (there is no context to the visualizers so you have to do trickery in that case..)

I have just one coded. In that sense it's not different from the control in musicvisualisation.xml
by code i mean c++.
i can reproduce it, but only with specific visualizations.
it doesn't happen with Waveform or GL Spectrum for instance.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-01-14, 16:07)ronie Wrote: i can reproduce it, but only with specific visualizations.
it doesn't happen with Waveform or GL Spectrum for instance.

Hm, indeed. It only occurs with ProjectM for me. I only have the visualisations installed that come with Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double visualisation?0