Lost sound in XBMC
I'm currently using XBMC version 13.2 and it's been working fine. However the other day I was trying to install Pseudo TV and it froze. I disconnected it and ever since I have lost all sound in XBMC including the menu screen. Everything else seems to be working fine in the way of streaming it's just there is no longer any sound. When I'm in the Apple menus the sound works however. I did read somewhere that it may be a conflicting program that is causing this?? I have already tried going into System - Setting - Audio Output but nothing I change makes the sound return. Can anyone help? Undecided
Turn up the volume in xbmc...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry, bear with me I'm a newbie at this...Confused. Where is this setting as if it is in the Audio Output menu I have tried this and it doesn't make any difference? I have also tried adjusting the volume through the menu that comes up when streaming but this didn't work either. Do I need to install XBMC Audio Mixer add-on?
nope ... post debug log (wiki) ... there is no reason i can think of why it would stop working from here to than when the volume is up in xbmc...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks, but after much messing around I noticed there was a KODI 14 install option on my ATV2. Moving to KODI resolved the sound issue, I just need to reinstall all my addons again!! With just the XBMC menus and a remote at my disposal I wasn't able to find anyway to adjust the system volume in XBMC 13.2. Looking at other forums some people were saying this could be done using a Keyboard or through the XBMC audio mixer addon, neither of which I had. Do you think that I may have unknowingly muted the system sound? If this happens again what is the simplest way of remedying it?
You can always increase the volume to max by playing a video stream and set the volume slider up in the audiosettings during playback. No keyboard needed - no audio mixer addon needed. You might not have muted it but lowered it. This happens for example if you stream music via airtunes/airplay because airtunes sends its own volume.
Star 
I did try adjusting the sound when streaming as I noticed there was a volume slider in the menu (only accessible when using iPad / iPhone as a remote) but this made no difference unfortunately. Fingers crossed this won't happen now I'm using KODI. Thanks for your help anyway Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost sound in XBMC0