• 10(current)
Android Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android
(2015-07-05, 13:39)Nazgulled Wrote: The wiki doesn't really explain anything. I asked here because I assumed the guys behind Kore would understand those settings better that anyone.

With Webserver disabled, Kore doesn't work at all, even with all other settings enabled. Webserver is a must for Kore to function. And that's all it needs to do everything it's capable of doing. At least on my end, I don't need to have anything else enabled and Kore just works. That's what I was trying to understand, since the FAQ clearly states to enable more than the Webserver.

To implement Kore i didn't have to look at Kodi's internal code, and thourougly understand the correspondence between the UI options and the functionalities of Kodi. The option "Allow other systems to control" probably enables TCP on Kodi's end, which while not strictly necessary by Kore (it will just use HTTP for all) is a nice thing to have (lighter protocol and you get notifications).

(2015-07-06, 13:31)scottmay Wrote: Hi, loving this app. I have a problem with refreshing - new tv shows don't appear. New episodes do, but brand new shows added to Kodi don't. Refresh eventually toasts "Sync Successful" but no new show. Fails on my HTC One M7, Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 9. Using Kore version 1.4.0 from the play store. Is there somewhere I can look for clues? I've tried uninstalling/re-installing.

Is Kodi's library updated with the new shows? Try going into the overflow menu (top right menu) on Kore in the remote screen and issue a "Update library". Then go into the tv shows on Kore and do a refresh (pull down).
Fun Remote tres cooll. I find it loses connectivity if and when kodi runs idle and dims the screen. Find i must struglgle just to reconnect. Perhaps improve on the wake up and call media server to reconnect with kore. Otherwise make a "share" button to show my friends and entire network whats upcoming?? Also n lastly, allow user comments on files display interface. To comment in a few words about the film etc. Thanks. Keep up the great work.
(2015-07-06, 23:17)syncd Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 13:39)Nazgulled Wrote: The wiki doesn't really explain anything. I asked here because I assumed the guys behind Kore would understand those settings better that anyone.

With Webserver disabled, Kore doesn't work at all, even with all other settings enabled. Webserver is a must for Kore to function. And that's all it needs to do everything it's capable of doing. At least on my end, I don't need to have anything else enabled and Kore just works. That's what I was trying to understand, since the FAQ clearly states to enable more than the Webserver.
To implement Kore i didn't have to look at Kodi's internal code, and thourougly understand the correspondence between the UI options and the functionalities of Kodi. The option "Allow other systems to control" probably enables TCP on Kodi's end, which while not strictly necessary by Kore (it will just use HTTP for all) is a nice thing to have (lighter protocol and you get notifications).
Thanks for the clarification. I guess on my case (I don't care for notifications) I might as well disable it since I don't use it for anything. I'm the kind of guy that prefers to enable and install only the minimum things required for the functionality to properly work. Thanks again.
Searched, but didn't find anything recent (past few years), or in this thread about the ability to shuffle the current playlist in Kore.

Is there a shuffle option for the current music playlist? If not, is it planned for a future update?
Hello,

yesterday i tried to connect to my android/isengard rc and i get the connection only with http activated and upnp disabled. Anyway when i tried to video-files-><my configuration files list>> the remote hasn't show anything
(2015-01-14, 18:36)syncd Wrote: Hi all,

Kore is a new Kodi/XBMC remote for Android, which aims to be simple, easy to use and beautiful.

Kore currently allows you to control your Kodi/XBMC, see what's currently playing and the current playlist, change subtitles and audiostreams, download your media locally, access your media library and check info about each item (supports movies, TV shows, music and addons), and more.

Kore is free and open source. The in-app purchase lets you buy me a coffee, so i can continue to improve Kore.

Some links:
Kore is new, and though I've tried my best to make sure it works, surely there are bugs lurking somewhere. Help me test it and report your experiences here or contact me.

Thanks

Image Image Image
good
Needs Music sorting options, I hate "the" being ignored.

There is also an issue where albums with multiple CDs shows track number order and not disc order then track order.

For example;
Track 1 - disc 1
Track 1 - disc 2
Track 1 - disc 3
Track 2 - disc 1
Track 2 - disc 2
Track 2 - disc 3

Should sort by disc first, or give us options.
(2015-07-18, 19:53)J_E_F_F Wrote: Searched, but didn't find anything recent (past few years), or in this thread about the ability to shuffle the current playlist in Kore.

Is there a shuffle option for the current music playlist? If not, is it planned for a future update?

In the now playing screen, bellow the ff button.

(2015-08-01, 06:53)mdh99 Wrote: Needs media sorting options, I hate "the" being ignored.

Top right menu, uncheck "ignore articles"
Hi,

I'm missing support for PVR. Thanks in advance.

thx
stoffel

ps: Very nice tool. I love it.
Hi... is there any chance to add those features into the next version... would be nice if you can sort movies and series by the following criteria:

1. Recently played
2. By Rating

Next thing a button for start playing movie trailers would be awesome. This button could be place here... so if you are searching a movie to watch, you can easily have a look into the trailer.

A small translations bug I found is that the german translation for "Cleaning the database" should be "Datenbank bereinigen"... instead of "Datenbank leeren"... "Datenbank leeren" means that you want to delete all available records in the database,
(2015-08-01, 10:07)syncd Wrote:
(2015-08-01, 06:53)mdh99 Wrote: Needs media sorting options, I hate "the" being ignored.

Top right menu, uncheck "ignore articles"

There are no sorting options for Music; artist or album. Have update my post to say "music".
Firewall problem! Solved!
Thanks for this good job, it looks really really great!!

I usually play music with Kodi through my own playlists. It would be great to have a tab for kodi music playlists in your remote app so you can add them directly to the current queue.

I had been waiting for this feature in the late updates, but finally I need to ask Smile
Thank you. The application is really great!

I just have a small question: are the resources from the source code also open-source ?
I'm developing the iOS app (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235973) and I wonder if I can use icons from the Android app.

Thank you for your response.
Most of the icons are supplied by Google. Take a look here: https://google.github.io/material-design-icons/
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android11