NextPVR not connecting with XBMC
Hi,

A new XBMC user here and I am trying to use ATSC viewed with a tuner onto XBMC. Originally I used WMC(Windows Media Center) but XBMC looked to be a better fit for my home entertainment.

I have installed NextPVR and have all the channels working/formatted to how I would like them to look(i.e channel 8.1 for news etc), but when I try to incorporate these channels into XBMC via this guide: http://lifehacker.com/5981757/how-to-wat...dia-center , the guide shows up along with when I click the channels, XBMC starts to have quite a bit of trouble.

A couple of things that are off:

1. XBMC only pulls about 11 of the 22 channels from NextPVR(which can run all of the channels without problems)
2. The channel numbers are off- XBMC will show news as channel 1 instead of NextPVR which has it as 8.1
3. XBMC says Tuner is not available(I was able to fix this via turning off timesharing, but once I restart it has trouble again)

Thanks!
Kodi(XBMC) only introduced a support for sub channels (like "8.1") a few months ago. The NextPVR addon was updated to support these a couple of months ago, but it's taking a long time for these changes to make it's way through the sausage machine into the Kodi release. It looks like they'll be included in 14.1.

In the mean time, if you're running on Windows, a updated version of the plugin was posted in one of the recent threads. You can install that to hold you over until 14.1
Would this be the integration feature? That essentially allows you to toggle between WMC and XBMC?
Huh? I don't follow you.

Basically Kodi just recently introduced support for major.minor numbers (aka subchannels). NextPVR also has support for these. Unfortunately it's taking a while to get the matching addon into the main release. Without this, if you're using ATSC you can have some channel missing, and can get 'tuner not available' messages.

That'll be resolved when the next version of Kodi lands, otherwise look at grab the updated addon mentioned in http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214096
I'm not sure I follow you. What do you mean?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR not connecting with XBMC0