Kodi upgrade with MySQL?
I see on http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Upgrading it says:
" Proceed with caution. Some users are having issues with v14 and MySQL. MySQL users may with to hold off on upgrading for the time being. "

Is there a thread with more details? A bug to wait for, or a workaround?

Thanks,
Tom
I'm glad I have read this before upgrading. I am very interested to hear a response to this...
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

Ya know, I never read that warning and I'm super glad that it never effected me, because I'm woefully behind in making library backups...
There's no single thread with details. Just several scattered threads with people who couldn't get it to work. I don't know if there's a bug or if it's all just user error. I haven't had time to look into it, and so far no one else seems to have done so.
I had the issue.

There were actually a couple of things at play as far as I could tell. First, you obviously used mySQL. Second, you used a skin that used library.data.provider and/or skin.widgets. Third, you made use of the webserver. This combo would cause crashes galore.
So any news on this? I do I give it a whirl and see how it goes ...
I did it and it was absolutely fine.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
I am having several weird issues. Items scraping multiple times, not playing .rar files. If I remove a show from the library, then rescrape, it does not rescrape, unless I change the name of the folder.
I have been using the central MySQL DB for years and recently upgraded to Kodi and then saw the warning. As far as I can tell everything is setup properly but none of my Kodi instances will track where I left off in a show. Any ideas? If this is the last version of Kodi for ATV2 can I assume I'll never get a fix for my ATV2's?
I saw the warning but as I'm prone to do ignored at and upgraded anyway. I'm happy to say I've had no problems at all. The DB is hosted along with my libraries on a linux server and I have openelec, fire tv, and windows 7 front-ends.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi upgrade with MySQL?0