Installing Kodi Helix on Windows 8.1
I have Kodi 12.0 I am trying to install Helix. It stops when it gets to this point.

Execute: "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\vc2013\vcredist_x86.exe" /q

The installer asks if I want to retry abort or skip the last file? I've tried retry and skip but nothing happens for 30 minutes or more.
I went into the helix folder and did and uninstall and tried again and have the same problem. I am using the official Windows version download from here http://kodi.tv/download/. So far in the install I have not changed any selections and did except the license. Thanks in advance.
please read this, it seems it has something to do with that: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196787

i would download and install directx 9c manually and after that i would try to install kodi again. i want to instal kodi on next weekend on a fresh and clean win 8.1 system, please let me know if this helps.
(2015-01-14, 21:25)Ed76 Wrote: please read this, it seems it has something to do with that: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196787

i would download and install directx 9c manually and after that i would try to install kodi again. i want to instal kodi on next weekend on a fresh and clean win 8.1 system, please let me know if this helps.

I read through the thread. I downloaded the web installer and ran that. Tried installing Helix and had the same problem. It gets stuck at the same spot. Thanks for the try.
i installed xbmc 13.2 some time ago on a clean win 8.1 system and that worked. after that i updatet to helix and this work. so if this in general a problem with fresh installed win 8.1 + kodi 14 there are only 2 causes:

1) its a problem with kodi 14
2) its a problem with one of the newer win 8.1 updates.

if 1) should be the problem try to install xbmc 13.2, this shoul install the needed dx-files. if xbmc 13.2 works uninstall it and install kody.

if 2) is the problem install win 8 without updates. install kodi. after that install win 8.1 updates.

EDIT: it seems i dont read your first post carefully, you didnt talk about a fresh installed win 8.1?
(2015-01-14, 22:09)Ed76 Wrote: i installed xbmc 13.2 some time ago on a clean win 8.1 system and that worked. after that i updatet to helix and this work. so if this in general a problem with fresh installed win 8.1 + kodi 14 there are only 2 causes:

1) its a problem with kodi 14
2) its a problem with one of the newer win 8.1 updates.

if 1) should be the problem try to install xbmc 13.2, this shoul install the needed dx-files. if xbmc 13.2 works uninstall it and install kody.

if 2) is the problem install win 8 without updates. install kodi. after that install win 8.1 updates.

EDIT: it seems i dont read your first post carefully, you didnt talk about a fresh installed win 8.1?

No I have been running 8.1 for months without any problems. I am currently running XBMC 12.1. Will try 13.2 Thanks.Before I try 13.2 Does anyone here know what equivalent version of Kodi TVMC is and what addons are included?
Hi there, I was just wondering if you ever found a solution. I am having a similar problem. At first I thought the new download might be corrupted so I got a download from my Windows 7 pc which I had installed successfully the day before. So it must have something to do with the settings on my PC. I tried to run it as an administrator and I enabled all the permissions but I still haven't had any success. Please help?
I'm running windows 8.1 on the PC that won't install
If your problem is vcredist, I would install directly from MS here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=40784

Note that that page says:

Additional Requirements:

For Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, KB2883200 (available through Windows Update) is required.

Once installed I would uncheck it in the Kodi windows installer. (I do the same with DirectX).

You should be able to confirm in your installed programs that Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable is installed.

scott s.
(2015-01-14, 19:36)Rahanflig Wrote: I have Kodi 12.0 I am trying to install Helix. It stops when it gets to this point.

Execute: "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\vc2013\vcredist_x86.exe" /q

The installer asks if I want to retry abort or skip the last file? I've tried retry and skip but nothing happens for 30 minutes or more.
I went into the helix folder and did and uninstall and tried again and have the same problem. I am using the official Windows version download from here http://kodi.tv/download/. So far in the install I have not changed any selections and did except the license. Thanks in advance.

I thought I'd try to share my experience when installing TVMC / KODI. During installing screen it would install 99.9% complete and freeze at that " ..AppData\Local\Temp\vc2013\vcredist_x86.exe" /q"

It related to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistribution (x86) program for me. Took some detective work but I figured it out for my case.

Try this. Open your TASK MANAGER while your install screen is stuck at the near completion.
Click over the PROCESS tab.
Click the "Image Name" to alphabetize everything.
Scroll to the bottom and you'll notice a few descriptions related to " vcredist_x86 / Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistribution (x86)" (Can't remember the exact file names).
Go ahead and END PROCESS on those.

As soon as you do it'll finish the install. Nod
Again, the visual c and directx stuff are windows only and have nothing to do with Kodi itself. They are Microsoft installers that run to ensure the right dlls are installed in SysWOW64 (also for .net but Kodi doesn't use that). Kodi needs those dlls present in the OS to run in windows environment.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Kodi Helix on Windows 8.10