iOS How do I compile with Xcode
Hi,

I am a newbie in in the Apple development world.

I am trying to compile a Pull Request in which a feature was added:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6184

So I got the source from the developer's branch.

Installed Xcode 6.1.1
Followed the steps in
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...README.ios to try and compile.

To compile with Xcode seem a bit difficult / greek, so I resorted to the command-line way to compile.
Unfortunately I get the following error:

CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.1'

A quick google brought up a lot about provisioning profiles and signing certificates.
Isn't there an easy way to not sign if I intend to only use it on my own phone?

It seems that the code signing settings are all "Don't code sign", but doesn't work.

Can someone please offer some help / advice?
you should post which linker errors you get ... (everything is documented - our jenkins buildsystem does those exact steps day by day ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-01-15, 00:51)Memphiz Wrote: you should post which linker errors you get ... (everything is documented - our jenkins buildsystem does those exact steps day by day ...)

I know I know Big Grin

I am sorry. I think I wanted to start from scratch all over, so I uninstalled and deleted my whole environment in terms of xcode and depends etc.
By time I realised how long it was gonna take to get all set up again, I was doubting the effort vs the risk of failure.

So I then posted, but didn't have the exact error messages or logs anymore.

Apologies!
Yeah so i can't help you Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I compile with Xcode0