Yosemite + Kodi = Working Great!
Thumbs Up 
I recently decided, what the hell, take a chance, and upgraded my Mac mini to Yosemite and then soon after switched it to Kodi/Helix. I was surprised that everything worked perfectly. I know not everyone is so lucky, but just wanted to give Memphiz a big thanks and thumbs up, because I suspect you're a big part of the reason it works so well. Thanks!
Smile
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
wow thx Smile (let me guess - you've got an macmini late 2012?)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yup, is that a lucky vintage? And I don't use HDMI for audio.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Well i develop most of the osx stuff on a macmini late 2012 ... that means this should be working quiet well (because i can fix the bugs i see myself on that hardware Wink ).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanx Memphiz but now the price of used 2012 Mac Mini's has suddenly gone through the roof Wink Ha ha

Lol Smile
(2015-01-15, 00:29)Memphiz Wrote: wow thx Smile (let me guess - you've got an macmini late 2012?)

(2015-01-15, 00:37)Glorious1 Wrote: Yup, is that a lucky vintage? And I don't use HDMI for audio.

I have the same settings.Kodi works like a charm with Yosemite.No problems here
Nice to see a thread like this where everything went fine. Usually it's the opposite. People hit the forums when they have problems.

My upgrade to Kodi went smoothly too. Smile
Hummm i'll have to check this evening, as i think i also have a Mac Mini late 2012.

If so i'll have 2 options, either install Kodi or sell it at a premium price Big Grin Angel
(2015-01-26, 17:35)StefaanD Wrote: Hummm i'll have to check this evening, as i think i also have a Mac Mini late 2012.

If so i'll have 2 options, either install Kodi or sell it at a premium price Big Grin Angel

so far my mac mini mid-2011 is working like a champ, but that's Kodi on Mavericks.

I'm tempted to upgrade to Yosemite, but can't really find any compelling reason to do so on a machine that is simply there for Kodi at this point...

if it 'aint broke Smile

(I'm tooling around with kodi on ubuntu, but the audio just isn't as good as on OSX where kodi properly maintains channels and sample rate! this simply f'ing rocks because I have a large investment in HD audio as flac and the less processing I can do the better)
This is no compelling reason. Mavericks for me on my 2010 mini works fantastic. Upgraded to yosemite 3 times trying to fix weird networking issues due to older hardware not quite compatible with yosemite and ended up going back to mavericks for stability reasons and the fact that it just plain works. You, with your 2011, may not have these problems but I'm with you...if it ain't broke....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yosemite + Kodi = Working Great!0