Solved Mixed Kodi - XBMC on same MySQL DB?
Question 
Hi,
I have two AppleTV2 that are synchronized to my Synology NAS MySQL database. They both see same library and working great on XBMC.
Now I installed Kodi on my PC and inserted advancedsettings.xml with the same parameters from my AppleTVs but when I start Kodi I don't see any changes. No library sync, nothing.

Here is the code:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.178.111</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.178.111</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>nfs://192.168.178.111/volume1/XBMCMedia/Thumbs/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
<video>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>\@eaDir</regexp>
<regexp>\.DS_Store</regexp>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Where should I look for the problem?

Thanks,
Gorast

EDIT: My bad! Not in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\userdata but in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

Sorry all and thanks Big Grin
Have you had any trouble running a mixed kodi/xbmc using the same mysql db?

From what I uderstand, xbmc (or kodi) versions must match on all clients connected to a mysql db!
(2015-01-15, 06:55)riskr Wrote: Have you had any trouble running a mixed kodi/xbmc using the same mysql db?

From what I uderstand, xbmc (or kodi) versions must match on all clients connected to a mysql db!

Yup, running a mixed Kodi - XBMC MySQL DB with no problems.
You cannot do this. Each will use a different database file, and you cannot override this. XBMC v13 will use one database, while Kodi v14 will use another.
Uhm... than how am I doing it right now? Everything seems to work fine.
skullmonkey: You are now running 2 seperate databases that do not talk to each other.

Gotham devices only use the Gotham databases, Helix only uses the Helix databases.

When you upgraded one of your units to Helix, Helix copied the Gotham database that existed on your mySQL server and built a totally new database based upon that.

The reason why you probably don't notice anything is that you have your boxes Update Library on Start when they boot up.

So for example try this. Go to one of your Gotham boxes, turn off "Update Library on Start". Shutdown the box.

Scan a new movie into your library from your Helix box.

Startup the Gotham box you just shut down, does that movie show up in Recently Added?
No auto update on devices. Ill check later and investigate further.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixed Kodi - XBMC on same MySQL DB?0