Fitlet mini PC
I know this is very new (saw the link from Engadget), but looks like a really good candidate for running Kodi? I currently use an Asus Chromebox which is absolutely perfect for me, but this looks to be even smaller again.

http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/fitlet/
(2015-01-15, 02:23)mangrovejack Wrote: I know this is very new (saw the link from Engadget), but looks like a really good candidate for running Kodi? I currently use an Asus Chromebox which is absolutely perfect for me, but this looks to be even smaller again.

http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/fitlet/

Unless I missed it, appears they only come in white?! Awesome.... this will fit right in with my black TV, black TV stand and black receiver. And the fitlet-i barebone model comes with an Intel wireless card that is so-so.

Since none come with memory or hard drive..... I hope they don't get unrealistic and charge something stupid like $200. The $100 Chromebox is hard to beat.
Who will pay that sort of money for those specs?
Here is the relevant information

fitlet models

fitlet-i – the swiss army knife of miniature PCs

fitlet-i is a miniature, fanless and ruggedized PC, featuring all the expected functionality and then some.
fitlet-i standard features are unusually rich for a computer its size, including up to 8 GB RAM, mSATA, dual head HDMI, dual GbE LAN, WLAN 802.11ac, micro-SD socket and 6 USB port (2 USB3). Beyond that, fitlet-i features a powered eSATA, RS232, SMBUS, UART, 8 GPIOs and provision for mobile data communication. All features are completely user accessible. A great deal of thought was given to real-world usability scenarios resulting in a long list of integrator-friendly features: power plug locking, USB plugs locking, replaceable battery, programmable power-on, remote power button, power button locking and robust mounting.

fitlet-X – 4 GbE LAN ports to begin with

If industrial PC applications have one thing in common it’s that they are all different. fitlet-X was designed to address this challenge by incorporating the FACET card (Function And Connectivity Extension T-Card). The first introduced solution is fitlet-X LAN, designed for advanced routing and network security applications. fitlet-X LAN provides four GbE ports without changing the form factor or reducing the standard connectivity found in fitlet. OEMs can quickly tailor fitlet-X to their specific requirements by designing a custom FACET card. CompuLab will introduce additional off-the-shelf FACET cards in the future.

fitlet-B – Quality and reliability on a budget

fitlet-B is the entry level model that makes no compromise on build quality and reliability. Powered by a dual-core AMD E1 Micro-6200T with Radeon™ R2 Graphics, fitlet-B makes an extremely attractive building-block for applications in robotics, thin clients, telemetry and basic digital signage. Compared to the popular CompuLab fit-PC2, fitlet-B is smaller, 2.5 times more powerful, has up to 4 times RAM capacity, dual head HDMI and comes with 5 year warranty. At $129 fitlet-B is less than half the price of fit-PC2.

fitlet-i specifications

CPU: AMD A4 Micro-6400T 64 bit / quad-core / up to 1.6 GHz / 4.5W TDP
Graphics: AMD Radeon™ R3 Graphics,
Display: Dual HDMI 1.4a 1920×1200@60Hz with audio
RAM: Up to 8 GB DDR3-1333 (1x SODIMM)
Storage:
– mSATA up to 1 TB – SATA 3.0 6 Gbps
– Power eSATA (5V) – SATA 3.0 6 Gbps
– Micro-SD – SDXC support, rate 25 MB/s
Networking:
– Dual GbE (Intel I211)
– WLAN 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz dual band Intel 7260HMW) + BT4.0
– Support for mobile data communication with on-board micro-SIM socket
USB: 2x USB 3.0 + 4x USB 2.0
Audio: S/PDIF 7.1+2 channels in/out + stereo line-out/line-in/mic + HDMI audio
Connectivity: RS232, UART (3.3V), SMBUS, 8x GPIOs
Supported operating systems: Windows 7/8 64 bit, Linux Mint
Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 8.3 cm x 2.4 cm (0.22l), 250g
Expansion: miniPCIe (normally used for WLAN)

Note 1: fitlet-B has a different CPU (AMD E1 Micro 6200T)
Note 2: fitlet-B and fitlet-X have different features. Please consult specifications.

fitlet availability

CompuLab will start accepting orders for fitlet in February 2015 at a price starting from $129 for fitlet-B Barebone. fitlet can be ordered in North America and Europe through Amazon and worldwide directly from CompuLab or from CompuLab resellers.
Nice to see an AMD-based alternative.

Too bad no one cares.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fitlet mini PC1