Full screen issues with IOS devices
I'm new to this forum but have known of XBMC for sometime. Just installed Kodi 14 latest release version to two IOS devices, IPAD 2 and IPHONE 4S.

Using air play from either device to the Apple 3 player connected to my Sharp 720p HD TV directly via HDMI, playback of any HD movies from Icefilms source are centered in the screen in a significantly reduce, however somewhat pro proportional to the full screen playback I would have expected.

I have read all the suggestions regarding turning on AUTO playback settings on the ATV3 and turning off and on overscan setting, nothing helps. In Xbmc, there are settings that allowed show full screen, but that setting does not exist in Kodi.

The only way I seem to be able to see full screen of these movies tohrough the ATV3, is to use Kodi from a MAC or Windows systems. This is not convenient since it is not always possible to have my desktop MAC or PC running.

Someone stated that this is normal when running Kodi from an iPad 2 since it's normal screen layout is 4:3. All videos played using kodi, in the iPhone 4s, results is a much more proportional but significantly smaller screen. Is there any around this reduced display of HD content using an iPhone??

Thanks!!
A couple of clarifications to my post:
- content played from the iPad is always reduced to a 4:3 display on the ATV3
- content played back from the iPhone 4S, is centered on the TV screen, in what appears to resemble 720 x 1080 but with both horizontal and vertical boarders, a significant reduction of a normal or expected video display.

- Air Play with mirroring is the only I am able to make a connection to the ATV3.

- the video displayed in the non full-screen formats described in the post are the only results I am able to achieve.

Thanks
Tvout (wiki) - follow this ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
memphiz,

Thanks for your input. In Kido, I could not find any support for changing video display 2. I did locate an option to display 4:3 content in 16:9 but I suspect the change in aspect ratio will distort the image, and it doesn't do anything for a more full display either.

I was a little confused over the use of an adapter. Were you referring to a direct hardware connection between the ATV3 and the idevice? If not, could you please elaborate a bit more using an adaptor.

Much thanks!
2 days penalty from me for defacing the project name...

You really should reread Tvout (wiki) it has 2 columes where the right column talks about airplay mirroring.

RTFM

Damn i am just too nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoZgGJGsEZc
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2015-01-16, 12:10)Memphiz Wrote: 2 days penalty from me for defacing the project name...

You really should reread Tvout (wiki) it has 2 columes where the right column talks about airplay mirroring.

RTFM

Damn i am just too nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoZgGJGsEZc

Really sorry about typo of Kodi. Yes, you are very nice for hanging in there with me, I was able to see a reduced 16:9 centered in the TV display driven by an ATV 3.

Could not get full screen but believe I can live with that when mirroring iPad 2 screen.

Thanks indeed!
Ensure that airplay overscan is turned off in the appletv3 settings (its somewhere in video or airplay settings section of the atv3 interface...) and your tv is set to something like "just scan" ... you can clearly see that i get fullscreen in that youtube link (i also get fullscreen when using my ipad2 - running ios6 though). There must be something setup wrong in your tv or in the atv3 on your side.
Much thanks, I will review all settings you suggested and report back.

Thanks so very much!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen issues with IOS devices0