Addon Resources files Kodi Install Directory
I've been doing a Confluence MOD again and due to a users comment have found that there is a whole bunch of PVR addons in the Kodi installation folder that have etxra files for Confluence under their resources. To name one file "RecordPrefs.xml" which each addon has a different language string from their own language folder.

While I accept this from a 3rd Party addon I don't think it's kosher for an addon that's installed into the kodi installation folder.

How is everybody now providing support for all the PVR addons that have these files
Noli illegitimi carborundum

I recently added support for the WMC PVR add-on to reFocus, simply by putting my implementation of the relevant RecordPrefs.xml and DeleteTimer.xml files in the skin folder.

The thing is the NextPVR add-on uses these same xml's but they have different / more controls in them. As to my knowledge there is no way for a skin to detect which PVR add-on is enabled, I can't set up any conditions for this. Aside from that, you can have multiple pvr add-ons enabled so I don't think it wouldn't even be a solution if I could.

About installation in the Kodi application folder, all add-ons that come with Kodi by default are installed there.
(2015-01-15, 11:21)Jeroen Wrote: I recently added support for the WMC PVR add-on to reFocus, simply by putting my implementation of the relevant RecordPrefs.xml and DeleteTimer.xml files in the skin folder.

The thing is the NextPVR add-on uses these same xml's but they have different / more controls in them. As to my knowledge there is no way for a skin to detect which PVR add-on is enabled, I can't set up any conditions for this.
Same old story!. Add-ons devs they code their addons in any way it suits their needs without any rules or restrictions.
I am not going to support any addons designed like that.

Cheers
Nessus
Wouldn't this be something they need to be checked for when they are submitted?
Same window names with different content ect?

Btw, maybe not the right place to ask but are there any addons in the official repo that use a captcha window?
Would also be something i'd like to see either in keyboard or agreed upon format/ID ect.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
yup, it's been on my to-do list for a while to talk some sense into our pvr devs :-)

probably one of them tried (with the best intentions) to add an xml window to the addon, but unfortunately got it wrong.
over time, the others c&p'd his example... and we ended up with this "mess".

pvr devs need to prefix their filenames (just like all scripts do), so these 'clashes' between filenames of two addons can't happen anymore.
also, it's important they make sure their xml window works with all skins out of the box and not just confluence.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon Resources files Kodi Install Directory0