Bug PVR: Container not being refreshed
In reFocus I am not using one individual button that cycles through the available viewtypes for the given window or content type. Instead I use a button that calls a menu containing individual buttons which switch to the available viewtypes.

Simplified:

PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="103">
    <
label>$LOCALIZE[31114]$INFO[Container.ViewMode,: ]</label>
    <
onclick>SetFocus(4000)</onclick>
</
control

calls

PHP Code:
<control type="group">    
    <
control type="grouplist" id="4000">
        <
control type="button" id="402">
            <
label>viewtype name</label>
            <
onclick>Container.SetViewMode(50)</onclick>
        </
control>
    </
control>
</
control

This works just fine really...except in the PVR.

For some reason the container it loads does not always seem to get refreshed. For example in the PVR Guide switching the viewmode from "Now" (ID="11") to "Next" (ID="12") does not change the viewtype (at least, not visually).

If I add a

PHP Code:
<onclick>Container.Refresh</onclick

to the buttons, it does actually switch the viewtype correctly.

With that extra action in place however, exiting and re-entering the PVR sometimes causes the EPG Timeline to come up blank/empty.

Surely the containers should refresh without that explicit onclick action?

Full relevant menu code here

edit: created a ticket for this here
I've never understood exactly what either Update or Refresh actually do!

Code:
Container.Refresh    Refresh current listing.    
Container.Update    Update current listing. Send Container.Update(path,replace) to reset the path history.

Huh
Hm, I don't know the difference either actually now that I think about it. My guess is refresh will reload the entire container, and update would check for updates on individual items (like updating the recording state for a programme in the pvr for example)

If I'm right about that using update instead of refresh for the onclick action above would be better I think. But I think no action should be needed at all though.

edit: nope, container.update will not work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR: Container not being refreshed0